1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mice and recirc in Vermont

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by sneezyhead, Oct 22, 2008.

1. sneezyhead

sneezyhead New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi all,
    I live in Vermont and have had a mouse problem with the car in the fall and winter. All during the summer the car stayed in recirc when I started the car again after setting it that way before turning it off. Now that the weather's getting colder and I've been using the defrost and the heat, the recirc doesn't stay set. So, I set the engine to stay in recirc, it's in recirc when I turn the car off, then I start the car and it's not in recirc anymore. The mice are getting in everytime the recirc is off.

Help! I can't figure out how to always have the car stay in recirc when it's set to recirc.

Thanks!

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    When you select defrost, the Prius A/C system will automatically open up the air vent since it assumes that it will be easier to defrost the windshield if fresh air is entering the car.

3. sneezyhead

sneezyhead New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Here's the problem: The car isn't in defrost when I turn it off. I always put the car in recirc right before I turn it off. Then I wake up, drive the car and it's not in recirc anymore. So, is there a way I can ensure that the car stays in recirc when I set it that way?

Thanks again,
    Terrified of mice in Vermont

4. dorf

dorf Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I had a similar problem with mice(I live in the woods in arkansas)

Purchase some mice pills-one bite ,brand or such and fabricate some sort of container under the hood so that thery can get to it.

No more mice.. Also had a problem with ants. Get one of those small round stick can type things and put it where needed.

no more ants either.