1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

mini vci install

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by OmaramO, May 5, 2015.

1. OmaramO

OmaramO Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I just purchased a mini vci v9.30.002 and it wont let me install the drivers. I'm running windows 7 64 bit. Any help would be very appreciated.

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Have a look at this thread on the TundraTalk site:

Solution MVCI on Win 7/8 64 Bit

Some PC users have reported success with this but some have not been able to get it to work. YMMV.

hope this helps.

#2 dolj, May 5, 2015
    Last edited: May 5, 2015
  3. Isaac Zachary

Isaac Zachary Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    When I got my Avalon I bought one of these and tried to get it to work on a Windows XP Dell Inspiron laptop without much success. I got it to scan codes once, but other than that couldn't get it to work.

I got it mainly to have a way to sync different sets of tire pressure monitoring sensors so I could switch between sets of rims with winter and summer tires on them.

Well now that I'm fixing up this Prius I got and need to do a lot of work that would normally involve a Techstream I got the Mini VCS and it's respective CD back out to see if I could get it installed on my Surface. But again, no luck after several days of attempts. I even tried downloading the software off the web and trying that in case my CD had a corrupted file or something, but I keep running up against the same problem.

Oh, well, I really don't like the idea of using pirated software anyway. I just wish Techstream wasn't so expensive. I like to take my time and can't say I can get all my ducks lined in a row to benefit from just two days of Techstream service. And no, I can't afford a year's lease either. So I guess I'll just flush my fluids, change my cells, check compression and tape over the TPMS light the best I can without it. :(