1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Modify the mini-glovebox in the center of the dashboard

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by priusham, Aug 28, 2004.

1. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    You know that small "glove box" under the radio stack? I would like to see if it's possible to remove the container without destroying it.

I'd like to KEEP the smoked-glass (plastic) door, but I want to mount something behind it that just doesn't quite fit. It's a little too tall.

I do not have a service manual but if someone does, could you see if that container behind the plastic door is removable at all?

Thanks in Advance!

=paul=

2. Speedracer

Speedracer New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well as far as I know this is not good idea... I asked dealer, when I want install lockable storage... since high rate smash and grad theft in Japan
    If you want to do this you need to remove front trim, its whole thing (like access to radio and touch screen)and your able to remove the tray... thats I got form Toyota.
    Is this true guys/girls?

3. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

You can pull the silver vent pieces off both sides of the radio 'stack' and then use a nut driver to un-mount the radio. To get the silver trim just pull from top and bottom, they will just pop out. That should get you access to where you want to go.