1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My 01 just reach 300000km (18641mi)

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by ea8631, Jan 6, 2009.

1. ea8631

ea8631 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Technology
    MY prius just reach 300000km as of this past sunday, hope I can squeeze another 300000km from it.

[​IMG]

sorry for the burr camera phone pics.....
    I still like my first gen and will try to keep it as long as I could.

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    From what I can tell, with good maintenance, you should make it to 1,000,000 km ... at which point the interior lining should start to 'shag off.' Then it is time to upgrade ... to gen 6 or 7. <grins>

Bob Wilson

3. mlibanio

mlibanio Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Wow!!! That is incredible! Considering what Canadian weathers put our cars through, truly amazing! Hey I live in Toronto too! I am going try to form a Prius club. Lots of Prius owners but no unity! HAHA!! I have a Chrysler Neon and we get together like a family. Its awesome getting 50+ owners come out every week!

A Prius like yours would be like a centre piece! I would never give up my Classic for anything! I am sure your Prius will last many many more. Mine just turned about 112,000 kms, I have a long way to go. But with owners like you, we Classic owners have a lot to look forward too. Keep in touch.

Matthew

4. halpos4

halpos4 "Taxi"!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That's fantastic,is it still on it's orignal HV battery?,maybe you could let us all know what parts if any you had to replace!!

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    sweeet! A Canadian non-taxi vehicle reaches 300,000km!! Congrats!!!!

6. Prius 07

Prius 07 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    WOW - congrats! Is it just me but lately I see a lot more gen 1 Pri around here. I didn't even know they were sold in Canada then. Are you the original owner and were they sold in Canada?

7. ea8631

ea8631 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Technology
    Yeah, my Prius still basically rust free except the some rust form around the licence plate light (I did fixed it last year). I would love to meet the other Prius owner too (expecially Gen 1 Prius). :)

No, the HV battery did replace at around 243000km.

Other major parts had been replace are:
    • 12V battery,
    • a inverter/converter unit,
    • engine ecu has been changed to an updated one,
    • steering rack @ 285000km
    • on it 3rd set of summer tires and 2nd set of winter tires
    Beside that, I just hit a nasty pot hole on new year day so I think my shocks are gone and need to be replaced. Also, a huge ice from a semi truck busted my right fog light last month so I need to replace it too.

Thanks...:)

Yup, I have my Prius since Oct 2000.

8. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    ea8631, would you mind giving details on the repairs ? Approximate car age and mileage when the part gave out, and repair costs would be great. I am particularly interested in the inverter.

Kudos to all Gen one Prius owners!

9. ea8631

ea8631 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Technology
    THe part was given out at May 24, 2005 when my sister driving it. My prius just stall in the middle of the intersection at midland and steeles during afternoon rush hour. The mileage at that time is 177196km. The repair cost is roughly around CAD$1500 (include the used inverter cost around USD$500). I was just out of warrenties and actually my dealer trying to help me to get it covered from Toyota Canada but unfortunately Toyota Canada said I was way out of warrenties and they won't cover the cost. So my dealer suggest me located a used one (since the new one cost almost CAD$6000 at that time) and they give me discount on labor cost. I would love to keep the part and find out what went wrong but it is funny that my dealer tell me Toyota Canada are interested my non-function inverter and they will send it back to Japan for analysis (not sure is it true or not). SO I let them have it.

10. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well i'm sure Toyota is interested because not many are failing so if one does, they'd like to know if there's a flaw in their design and whether new ones can be improved.

11. orange4boy

orange4boy Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This is so great to hear. It seems like the problems are few and far between. Mine had an inverter coolant pump go and the transaxle before I bought it.

Good work keeping it going! I'm halfway there.

12. Shubin Andrey

Shubin Andrey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    there is more chances to squeeze another 300000km from it if you will not do photos at speed above 100 km/h =)

13. tomfreed

tomfreed New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Consider yourself lucky! I have an 01 with 127k that has multiple problems and is not driveable. I also have an 03 with 147k that just start having problem with tranny and now code lights popping up and no reverse and D it hardly moves. Enjoy while it lasts on yours.