1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My account and all posts deleted today?!

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by PilotChris2, Jun 9, 2005.

1. PilotChris2

PilotChris2 New Member

I wonder if something happened to the database today... I was browsing the site this afternoon (Wednesday), and started to get PHP errors. I gave up and came back this evening to find out that my login didn't work. Even worse, all my posts are gone!

Did something bad happen? I made a new account, but my original username is PilotChris.

Chris

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    That's awfully weird, let me check it out....

3. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yep, it looks like everything was lost from midnight to about 5pm yesterday. I'll see what I can do about getting that data back, but for right now let's operate as if it's lost. Sorry everyone.

4. RClarkofNC

RClarkofNC New Member

I'm in the same boat as PilotChris. My original account (RClarkofNC) has apparently been deleted, along with all of my prior posts, such as the thread I started in Order Tracking this past weekend. :cry:

5. IAP

IAP Junior Member

I have yet to search for my old posts, but I am unable to login. I get an invalid user name and/or password error message. Attempts to retrieve or reset my password result in an error message that my email address in not recognized. I sent an email to Danny at his PriusChat email address, but I have no idea if he received it.

HELP!!!

IsrAmerPrius

6. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Ok, this can't be good. IsrAmerPrius, I just checked to see if your username was in the raw database, and I don't see it. Something happened yesterday that I had to do a Repair command on the Users & Posts tables, so that could have something to do with it. I'm going to look to insert your account information from the last database backup, but I'm not sure what I can do or how much I can get back - this will probably end up becoming a weekend project.

Very strange....

7. IAP

IAP Junior Member

Thanks Danny. In the meantime, I'll use this alternate user ID to logon.

8. PilotChris2

PilotChris2 New Member

Hi Danny,

Yep, I've been a member for at least a month, probably two. My account is gone as well as all of my posts. Threads in which I had posted extensively (such as this one) now show errors (see page 3 of that thread) and aren't even showing posts I make from my new account. I suspect that the forum software is getting messed up in by a relational data inconsistency between posts and users.

I'm looking forward to getting my account back! The irony in all of this is that this went down I had my 2 week old Prius in a billion pieces in my driveway and had gone to my computer to ask a question about how to put it back together! ;) The thread in question is still acting like it's corrupt, so I cobbled the car back together on my own.
    Chris

9. IAP

IAP Junior Member

Danny,

Now that I have caught up with the newer messages, I noticed that my previous 800 plus posts are all missing in cyberspace.

Does your server have anything like the restore function found in Windows XP?

10. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Ok, hopefully you 3 can log into your normal accounts now. If anyone else has a problem with their account/posts having disappeared, please post in this thread or email me (I haven't had much time to check email lately, but plan on catching up this weekend.).

Thanks, everyone.

11. RClarkofNC

RClarkofNC New Member

Yea! I'm whole again. My account and posts are back. Thanks, Danny! The only thing that seems to be missing are some of the activity counters (like "Most Active Forum"), which show up blank, and my points, which were reset to zero. Neither of those are a concern though. Thanks a bunch Danny for fix!!! :lol: :mrgreen:

12. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Danny,

Thank you. It looks as if some of my more recent posts (of the past four weeks or so) have not been resurrected, but then I did not write anything so significant that would adversely affect anyone should they not have future access to them.

However, my Gold Sponsor designation is gone and I would be grateful if you were to restore it.

Many thanks,

IAP

13. PilotChris

PilotChris New Member

Danny,

Awesome! I appreciate all the mucking with SQL this must have taken!

Chris

14. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    P.S. I have found some of my messages which I thought to be missing, however my overall message and point counts are about eighty to a hundred lower than where they should be, but who cares.

15. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yeah, that's because the table that the total posts # comes out of is the users table, while your actual posts reside on another posts table. Since the posts table wasn't effected, all of your stuff should be there, just not in sync with your user info. I'll update your forum account right now.

16. PilotChris

PilotChris New Member

Hi Danny,

Not a big deal (I only had a few, e.g. 10-20ish) posts and a few points, but the same does apply to me!

Chris