1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My best Black Friday purchase ever

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by totoro, Dec 1, 2015.

1. totoro

totoro Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've actually wanted a Prius since they were first available in the US, but I was trying to squeeze out as much as possible from my old car. I finally retired that car a few months ago and started searching and researching, including reading lots of posts on PriusChat. The stars (and deals) finally aligned last Friday, and I am now the proud owner of a 2015 Prius Two in Blizzard Pearl. I think I got a pretty good deal. I could have saved more by driving to dealerships farther away, and there will probably be better incentives now that I've already purchased, but I also could have done a lot worse.

Looks like my fortune (see picture) from earlier this year finally came true.

DSCF0392+web.jpg DSCF0376_web.jpg

2. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I really enjoy researching a vehicle purchase.
    Learning as much as possible about the vehicle(s) I'm interested in.

Once I purchase? I don't look back. I don't look at incentives or prices AFTER I've purchased.

As long as I feel I got a fair deal, at a fair price, and it's the vehicle I wanted? Then I just enjoy.

Given the timing? You probably got a good deal. If it's a vehicle you've always wanted? You got a good deal.

Welcome and Enjoy.

totoro likes this.
  3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats and welcome to PriusChat!

4. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome to PriusChat! Nice looking car! :)

5. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Welcome, smart buy!

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    funny fortune.:p great time to buy! all the best.(y)

7. Fore

Fore Don't look back!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome, all the best to you, now take off those cheap wheel covers to reveal those nice black hubs underneath! (y)

8. artistic93

artistic93 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I got mine this Sunday! Congrats to both of us. Now I'm just waiting for that $500 gift card[​IMG]

Got mine tinted yesterday and got rid of the hubs before I even left the dealership

[​IMG]

California Love [​IMG]

Best spot in Temecula and Murrieta area in SoCal

9. bingee3

bingee3 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Congratulations great car

10. artistic93

artistic93 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks! Now I'm itching to put some aftermarket lightweight 17 or 18's on it with some low resistance tires . So far tsw rotary forged are the most I can get for my $
    But I'm also debating on just leaving it as is

11. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Putting 17s on my car was the best decision, handles like a sports car, until you reach 90mph, then it becomes scary

12. totoro

totoro Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    @artistic93 - Congrats to you too! I see that we picked out the same color. Nice choice.

Post when you get your gift card. I'm a little concerned that my sales guy didn't get the form entirely filled out. Although someone answered my post in one of the other forums saying that it could take 10 days to get the gift card. Fingers crossed that it works.

13. artistic93

artistic93 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    When I was singing my papers the financial manager typed in my email address and he verified it with me so that they can email me the Amazon gift card . He said it'll take 6-8 weeks. I saw that reply on your post. Not sure about the 10 days. I'm sure a whole lot of people bought a Prius so they would have to process all that

14. 2015Prius2

2015Prius2 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    How was your experience at Temecula? I had a horrible experience recently and ended up at Gosch in Hemet.

15. artistic93

artistic93 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It was actually awesome! I was in and out of there in 2 hours . I'm a USAA member and I showed them a true car price and they matched it. Probably the best car buying experience that I've had.

iPhone ?

16. artistic93

artistic93 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    How so? What kind of 17's did you put On your car and what type of tires? And how much mpg did you lose on average?

iPhone ?

17. 2015Prius2

2015Prius2 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Glad you had a good experience. I have never been more posed off than the day I dealt with them. The service department couldn't even find a bolt (not a screw) in one of the tires on a previous visit, that left my wife and newborn son stranded with a flat just hours after having them check it. Your car might be one of the two they had in stock a few weeks ago when we tried to purchase. They gave us a goal for down payment to get the payment we needed and when we showed up, t hey backed out on the deal.

Anywho, nice car. If you see a big guy with a long goatee driving a Blizzard Pearl in temecula, give me a honk..

SAMSUNG-SM-N910A ?

18. artistic93

artistic93 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wow! I'm sorry to hear that. I had a horrible experience with my former Audi dealership in West Covina. They even make you feel bad for getting a loaner as if they're doing you a favor! I've had a BMW before and they make you feel like a vip client all the time. I got rid of my A6 cause I drive to the OC 3 times a week and twice a week in Pasadena. Racking up major mileage and needed something more economical and efficient on gas. Filled up my first tank and it was 28 dollars!!! What a change from paying $70 with my Audi every 3 days. Anyways that's my shpill for the day. I'll def honk at you when u see around temecula. Look out for mine cause I have a LA County Fire Dept sticker on the trunk lid.
    [​IMG]

Cheers!

iPhone ?

19. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The prius has a very soft ride, it's not suitable for high speeds. You can easily lose control going 90+mph....any wind gust will make your car very unstable.

I have stock 17s with Toyo tires.

sdtundra likes this.
  20. DaveyJones

DaveyJones New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Great purchase! We traded our Corolla in for our Prius during the Black Friday sales week as well for a better deal had we bought a bit earlier!