1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

my bluetooth confusion

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mookie60, Apr 3, 2004.

1. mookie60

mookie60 Junior Member

maybe it's because i'm nearly illiterate to cellphones in general, but i'm just not getting somethings about bluetooth compatible phones.

i currently have verizon service (really a borrowed phone that i may have to return) through a company plan. i keep reading that verizon doesn't offer a bluetooth phone (at present). can i simply go out and by one of the sony/erricson T6## or nokia 3650 models and have it set-up to use with my verizon service? or are there only certain types of phones that will work with verizon service?

thanks
    john

2. Ray Moore

Ray Moore Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Each phone company has their own versions of phone models. A Motorola v60 for at&t will not work on cingular network. They have their own version of the v60. There are internal differences that cannot be modified.
    Ray

3. Raenstoirm

Raenstoirm New Member

Sprint and Verizon do not have any bluetooth phones at present. Sprint had one, but recalled it indefinitly for a battery malfunction. Verizon is due to get a really cool phone this summer that is literally a little computer.

4. artie

artie Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    i use the sprint t608, which i believe sprint tele-sales is still selling.
    it works, nearly perfectly.
    nice to have hand-free.
    art

5. David

David Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Raenstoirm, what cool phone is Verizon supposed to get this summer? I've spoken with their customer service and no one seems to know anything.

Thanks

6. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Motorola V710 launched
    By: Anthony Newman, Monday 22nd March 2004, 12:37 GMT

Megapixel camera, Bluetooth, removable memory, 16 MB RAM, speech recognition, polyphonics, MP3 player and BREW support in another clamshell from Motorola. Motorola have unveiled another addition to their mobile phone line-up: the V710. A strong new handset from Motorola, yhe clamshell includes a 176 x 220-pixel 16-bit TFT display and a 1.2 megapixel camera, which features 4x zoom and a short-range flash, as well as video capture and playback using MPEG4. Audio comes in the form of an MP3 player, MIDI support and 64-tone polyphonic ringtones, complete with loudspeaker. The V710 also supports speaker-independent voice recognition, allowing voice dialling with no training required. Other features include PIM functionality, with picture caller-ID, and the movement of data facilitated by the inclusion of Bluetooth wireless and removable TransFlash memory cards to supplement the device's 16 MB of RAM. A WAP 2.0 browser is included, along with BREW support, an e-mail client offering POP3, SMTP and IMAP4, as well as SMS, EMS, MMS and instant messaging. Motorola anticipate availability of the V710 towards the end of Q2 2004, although no pricing was announced at this time.

7. Raenstoirm

Raenstoirm New Member

That would be it!

8. mboileau

mboileau New Member

If you want to see what the officially blessed list of phones is at any time, and how to buy one online if you'd like, goto http://toyota.letstalk.com .

That's inevitably where the toyota/prius page will take you...

9. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Just FYI... the bluetooth Motorola phones that verizon was supposed to roll out have been delayed...