1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Flat tire Story

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by jgilliam1955, Oct 10, 2014.

1. jgilliam1955

jgilliam1955 Sometime your just gotta cry! 2013 Prius 4.

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My last car did not have a air pressure indicater. So one time after I had some work done on the car I heard some thumping. I was thinking the garage had messed something up. So it being 4 AM, I kept driving & trying to pin point this new thumping noise & fussing about the mechanic. After sveral miles I pulled over & walked around the car. My brand new rear tire was chewed up. I felt like a dummy.
    Now last month while on a weekend get away, as I pulled out of a parking lot I heard clicking noise coming from the front. I looked for the air pressure sensor to come on, but nothing. I drove about a mile & pulled over & found a large nail in my brand new front tire. The warning light was not on so I knew I was safe to drive to a tire place. NOW it was 7PM on a Sat. I used the Car GPS & found a Walmart Tire center less than a mile away. Walked in & told them I was out of town & just picked up a nail in my tire. The 3 tire workers standing there told me they off the clock now & could not help me.
    I found another Walmart Tire center 5 miles away & called them. They said they were still working but hurry. When I got there the person at the counter told me they were just closing. But he told the tire people about me being from out of town. They grabbed the car keys & took care of me. Ended up with a new tire because of the damage. They were great. They went out of there way.
    As for the other walmart as little as those guys get paid, I do not blame them.
    It is nice to have a tire sensor. It let me know it was safe to drive.

2. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ...that's nice...I don't think of Walmart for tires mainly bacause my Walmat is a smaller one without the auto service. Maybe I should see what they have in the big store.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    happy ending!:)