1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My headlights

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Kirby JAckson, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Kirby JAckson

Kirby JAckson New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I am a new 2014 Prius C3 owner and I would like to find out if Xenon or Blue Headlights
    are recommended or safe. Or if not, What is the best headlight.

2. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    "Blue Headlights" are illegal everywhere in Europe and North America. Generally those are HID (Xenon) with a high colour temperature (5000K-12000K).

HID Headlamps are the best on the road. LEDs are coming close, but still not there in terms of luminous output. But LEDs win in terms of "bulb" life (there is no "bulb") and energy consumption is marginally better generally.

Your Prius C probably came with halogens. This means you can only put in halogens or else too much light will reflect above the cutoff and you will blind oncoming drivers and yourself in the heavy rain/fog/snow.

If you want to do it right, retrofit some good HID projectors into your reflectors.

3. Mo G

Mo G Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I believe the lexus RX350 projectors swap right in. Or with little tweaking. The halogen projectors look like mini RX350 projectors.

4. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I believe the OP is asking about halogen replacement bulbs with a blue glass capsule or coating.

These are mainly for looks, actual on the road illumination is in the 4300k to 5000k color temperature. Which is warm white to white.

Any blue coating will decrease the light output of the bulb.

SCH-I535

Mo G likes this.
  5. kevtan

kevtan Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Just insta hid good enough no need change projector . Our oem projector good for hid cut off is nice