1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Prius will not turn off!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by bjb1195, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Mr. Guy

Mr. Guy New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sweet. Thanks. Also, I reconnected the neg lead to the battery and everything came back on. I then turned it off as normal and tried to restart. It would not restart without the key in the manual key slot, not like remotely with the smart key.

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    you should resolve the combination issue first, then check your 12v battery to make sure it's good.

you can troubleshoot the fob remote starting issues after those other issues are known to be resolved.

3. Shilo

Shilo New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I had the same problem this week as well. I bought a used 2004 Prius in Arizona and drove it to California. The same exact situation. AAA had a hard time turning it off. I don't think the cold had anything to do with it since the car has been in AZ unless 65 in California is to cold. One mechanic wants to replace the dash panel. I'm getting a second opinion in the morning.