1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My stealth install with sub and amp

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by B-rent, Jan 9, 2013.

1. B-rent

B-rent New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    New to this forum but saw people with similar setups and thought i would share mine. This install was cake and from start to finish only cost me $400. Ill post some pics, feel free to ask questions!

I chose all brand new equipment the Head unit is and Alpine CDE-121, it sounds amazing even before the sub was installed. of course i needed the 70-1761 harness from metra and the 71-1761 i ordered on amazon. The amp i chose was the Kicker DX250.1 mono amp. Brand new from best buy costs $149 .

The Head unit was $99 from best buy as well. I used an 8ga amp installation kit i also ordered on amazon for around $20 bucks.

Now, the sub is where i was surprised... Best buy has polk audio setups that come installed in a tuned ported box in 8", 10" and 12" sizes. I heard the 8" in the store and it sounded decent so i chose the 8". It comes in a nice looking ported enclosure SVC 2 ohm sub rated at 180 wats rms. This sub combined withe that kicker amp is perfect. It pushes is perfectly and that sub is louder than i ever thought it would be. plenty for a prius. The best part, i caught that sub on sale at best buy for $109 (usually $149).

Let me know what ya think

Attached Files:

2. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    After looking at IMG_1203.jpg and seeing the sticker you have on the dash, I about threw-up. J/K! :) Stealth stereo install looks good. Now just make a stealth box for the sub and I'd say its complete! Bet it sounds awesome. I can't wait to start my stereo upgrade. (y)

3. B-rent

B-rent New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    @justdidit- haha! Not a fan of apple ehh? I am ...I plan on getting a bigger sub and making a box for it that is mOre discrete but I just need the time to work on it. I'm a field mechanic so finding time is hard... This project was a spur of the moment thing I did in a day. It does sound amazing I'm very happy with the way it turned out. Thanks for the comment bro!

4. dj feitl

dj feitl New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    were you still able to use your bluetooth connection to the touchscreen? can you use steering wheel controls?​