1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NADA releases another pro-dealership video

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Ashlem, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Ashlem

Ashlem Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Car Dealers Fire Back: Why Negotiating Is Good For Car Buyers (Video)

The National Auto Dealers Association (NADA) released another pro-dealership video, explaining why dealerships are a good thing for customers. And in a way they're correct, since you can go to different dealerships to try to get the best deal. This is probably another reaction video to battling Tesla in the courts to ban them from selling direct to customers.

That said, I don't think I trust the video entirely. Lots of people have bad experiences at dealerships across the country, and many probably would rather just buy direct from the manufacturer. That's not to say all dealerships are bad, but the good ones tend to get drowned out or lumped together with the bad ones for many people.

If they didn't make car buying feel like getting your teeth pulled, then maybe they'd have a point. Of course a lot of people can't help but feel like dollar signs when a car salesman comes up to them and upsells them on a lot of stuff they don't need.

EDIT: Forgot to add, there is competition without dealerships. If Honda prices a Civic too high, people will buy a Corolla, Mazda 3, or Focus instead. So that gives Honda an incentive not to price their cars too high relative to the other carmakers. Why can't we just do that?

2. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Oh, I have such a bad taste in my mouth about car dealerships and their sales force......................

3. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    This article is my response to their video: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/04/business/Recalled-GM-cars-remain-unrepaired-as-safety-concerns-persist.html?smid=pl-share&_r=1

If they have a superior business model, why does their cartel require the protection of state laws against other business models?
    Why didn't Dell get laws passed that would ban Apple stores?

This is what competition is all about. The Dealers need to put their efforts into improving the customer experience, rather than hiding behind bought politicians.

Trollbait likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    some of my best friends are car salesmen.:cool:

5. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Does the video explain away Saturn's initial success with customer satisfaction in the buying process?

6. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    some of my best friends are car salesmen.:cool:

Well.... not all of then are from the same crop....and there are MANY exceptions. Happen to be that I encounter the very bottom of the pot

7. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Will they make me a deal that I can't refuse?

[​IMG]