1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

National Drive Electric Week, September 14- 21,2014 - call for Pip owners to share their knowledge

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Redmonddk, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Redmonddk

Redmonddk New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Dear Pip friends,

I am an owner of a 2012 PIP with 8K EV miles, and am very pleased with our purchase. The vehicle is a perfect fit for my family's transportation needs.

I am also the Program Coordinator for National Drive Electric Week, an annual event held in over 100 U.S. North America Cities. This year the event will be held September 15-21, 2014. You can learn more about National Drive Electric Week at DriveElectricWeek.org, which will show where events are being planned near you. You can volunteer to create a new event in your community, or bring your PIP to show others how the vehicle operates at an existing event.

The goal of National Drive Electric Week is to share the EV experience with the general public, who may be unfamiliar with the multiple benefits of cleaner transportation. People are more likely to purchase an EV if they see a neighbor talk about them. The event is hosted by Sierra Club, Plug In America and the Electric Auto Association.

I am writing to fellow PIP owners because there were very few PIPs at our events last year. The Volts, LEAFs and Teslas were well represented; I would like more PIP owners to share their vehicles and knowledge at an event near them. Last year, I had the only PIP at our event.

If you enjoy sharing your PIP, please register as a volunteer at an event near you.

We are pleased to have Chris Paine, director of "Who Killed the Electric Car" speak about the event in a 90 second PSA:
    Chris Paine Puts Out Call To Organizers For National Drive Electric Week - Video

I can be reached at [email protected] if you have questions.

Best,

Dan

PriusC_Commuter likes this.
  2. GregP507

GregP507 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Welcome to the forum, and thank you for your efforts in promoting electric vehicles. In addition to helping the environment (a field in which I work) the hybrid vehicle also sells itself on the virtues of saving fuel and money. Based on most of the comments in this forum, the latter is a bigger motivator than the former. However, it's a great cause, and I support it as much as I can.

3. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    I'm a Captain for the event to be held in Long Island, NY

4. jfschultz

jfschultz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Mine was the only PiP at last year's event in Memphis. But that was also 100% of the PiPs in Memphis!

5. GregP507

GregP507 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Here in Calgary, where oil & gas is king, I didn't expect to see many hybrids, but I'm seeing Priuses everywhere it seems, and every day now that I'm conscious of them. Surprising, considering that there are no hybrid subsidies of any kind here.

6. CaliforniaBear

CaliforniaBear Clearwater Blue Metallic

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base