1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nav DVD 11.1 Update Info

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jdcollins5, Oct 7, 2011.

1. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It is not broken, it evidently takes a little more time to understand and configure than you are willing to spend.

1 person likes this.
  2. 4MsPrius

4MsPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    I am very disappointed with what I am hearing about this nav system and totally agree with MR COOLMAN. I am new to this site and expect my PiP in March/April. I too have a garmin and it seems that the Garmin picks up the miles and time when you go from point A to point B from the satelite and give ACCURATE miles and time of arrival. Not a happy camper right now.
    MS Prius or possibly No Prius.

3. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Rather than forming an opinion by reading those on this forum that are disatisfied, try reading the Nav Manual when you get your new PiP, taking the time to understand how the system works and how to configure the system to match your driving style and then form your opinion. I would certainly not let something like the Nav unit stand in the way of purchasing such a technologically advanced automobile like the PiP.

There are many more people on here that are more than satisfied with their Nav's. It is far from perfect but it gets me from point A to point B and the ETA is close enough for me since I have taken the time to set up my driving speeds correctly.

Take anything that you read on this forum with a grain of salt, especially negative comments. Typically the dissatisfied ones are much more vocal than the satisfied ones.

4. 4MsPrius

4MsPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Well,JDcollins, I don't agree. why should I wait to pay 33K on a car and find that it will not work for me. I have been looking for this manual and, of course, its not available yet. This should be available for buyers to read and understand (part of the research project) in buying a car. Its like passing the healthcare policy and you don't need to read it till after the fact. Hmmmmm. This does not have anything to do with driving style its the advancement of technology that its lacking in this nav system.

5. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The 2012 Prius should have the same Nav system as the PiP. If you are really interested in the Prius then try renting one from your Toyota dealer and find out for yourself.

If the Nav unit is going to be a deal breaker for you then good luck with your new car selection.

6. 4MsPrius

4MsPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you. I will check into the nav system in the 2012 prius.

7. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You can download the Nav System owner's manual from http://www.toyota.com/owners/web/pages/home

There are about 14 pdf files, one for each chapter. You will need to register as an owner to access the files but you can do that. Just go by a dealer and copy down the VIN for any Gen3 Prius and use that number to register. When you finish there is a button you can click to indicate you never owned the car.

8. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Peep's . . . . do your homework! You don't have to pay retail for OEM dvd's. I didn't buy my 11.1 data disk (rev4) here, but it's just listed to show folks by way of example. You can find legit DVD's (at about a 10 to 1 ratio between the shysters and the real deals) if you just take the time to search.
    2012 TOYOTA LEXUS GPS NAVIGATION DVD v11.1 Gen 4 for sale

The real trick now is to see if I can get the new data to run on my 1/2 decade kwi / loading file.
    ;)

9. katiesdad7

katiesdad7 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I wish they would add a 3D view.

10. salyavin

salyavin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I called my dealer to see when the new one would be out this year and they said it is usually the last week of September or first week of October but this year it won't be till the end of November, he had no idea why. He had no change log yet to share.

11. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Nav is perhaps the best innovation in my humble opinion. Can’t think of being without it. I can remember the days of AAA Maps and the dreaded Thomas Guide. This is the best. Now I just load the address and off I go. Perhaps the next big advancement is the Driverless Car which would come to market within the next decade as Google established laws to clear the path for this technology implementation.