1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nav Update DVD 11.1 on the way

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Gen2wjp, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Sofakingcopter

Sofakingcopter New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Not for 11.1 I couldn't find any.

2. newtons69

newtons69 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

CAREFUL on the price. Went to the dealer to order my 11.1 and was quoted a $199 price. Showed them a Toyota email tnat the price is NOW $169.

The 11.1 did some mods that I must get used to, but am impressed with the changes from version 8.1
    Have a 2010 Prius 3

3. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just ordered my 11.1 from the dealer and waiting for delivery. $169 without having to point out the email.

What mods are you referring to that you had to get used to? I have the 8.1 also.

4. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    what mods? I went from 8.1 to 11.1, didn't notice much . I think the hands free phone connects faster.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What changes/mods? (I'm running 8.1). I have heard that 9.1 and up shortens the delay btwn picking up the phone via bluetooth and the other person hearing you (not sure how that's solved but that's what some people noticed). What else is new?

6. 360texas

360texas Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    02Nov11: Just tried accessing the Toyota Web Site Owners Manual .PDF. The page is reporting 'page is not available' Over an hour or so I retried several times.

Conclusions: Lots of people are trying to access the page? Page is down for edit updates. Page is broke and Toyota does not know about it yet.

I was trying to see if I could get the 5 or 6 Navigation .pdf's

[edit 02Nov11 3pm Central Texas Time ]

Page is back up now..

'We're doing some maintenance on oursite so we can offer more features better function and improved performance. Please check back soon'

I would be happy if they just put current information about the Prius V, specs, 'CONNECT compatible cell phone list' and expand on the product descriptions.

7. mmmMPG

mmmMPG New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Mind if I ask how you made the backup? I just bought a Prius w/nav and would really prefer driving around with a backup disc in the car (rather than the original) since I've had cars broken in to before, and would hate to lose such a pricy disc so easily!

I'm on a Mac as well, running Lion. Many thanks!

8. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I made a backup on my PC. I used a dual-layer DVD.

9. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    How would they steal the disc exactly?

If they take the entire audio unit, the disc is the least of your worries.

If not, the disc is behind the screen so they'll have to rip out the screen first.

10. mmmMPG

mmmMPG New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    On my old car(s) pressing and holding the "Eject" button while the car was off would eject all the CDs. This worked on my Subaru and my Scion, and it was really pretty handy. That way if you'd just turned the car off but wanted to bring a disc inside, no problem. The downside, of course, was that anyone could eject the discs. I always had dedicated "road copies" of albums burnt (since car CDs lead tough lives) so it was never an issue.

I'd assumed the same feature is available in the Prius, but I've not tested it. Can you not eject the CD or DVD with the car off?

But yes - if some punk stole the entire thing, having to pay for a replacement DVD would add insult to injury. (Although, given the cost of the unit, I suppose it was all be covered with insurance anyway...)

11. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I could do it on our 2002 Camry with the single CD slot but not with a CD changer.

With the Prius, the screen has to move and there's no physical EJECT button. The EJECT button is a soft button on the screen (and again, the feature you described only ejects music CDs, not the navigation DVD).

So you would need power to press the "Eject/CLOSE" button (yeah I know I said no "Eject" button but that's the way it's labelled in the car) to bring up the CD slot screen, then press "Eject All" or press the appropriate CD slot you wish to eject and only then will the screen flip down.

As far as the nav DVD, it's a different method. I believe it's through INFO-PHONE --> Map.

12. Priusguy101

Priusguy101 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Just revived a $169.0 Toyota card in mail, but i believe it's still cheaper on ebay.

13. Priusguy101

Priusguy101 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If you have 11.1 and can't get to the map, go to or call dealer and ask to be informed as to how to get t it.

14. Priusguy101

Priusguy101 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    U have the proper disc but if it's nor working, go to dealer and rattle their cage.,

15. Priusguy101

Priusguy101 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have an '06 loaded w/bells and whistles. Live in SF bay area and have never needed an upgrade. Use common sense when using nav systen and u r fine. Remember to never duplicate. Ie, using a printout of map quest and the nav system at same time - u will always lose..

16. Philatc

Philatc Pushing Tin

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Any pics of the new Nav map??? I'm thinking about getting the update but still questioning if its worth it.

17. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I am not sure what kind of pictures you need. The new map looks no different than it did before. Toyota's map maker updates the maps each year with any new roads, highways, subdivisions, etc. that were not included in the previous map. They also add additional POI's.

I updated mine from the original 8.1 due to the addition of new highways, bypasses, etc around Raleigh and Greensboro, NC. It was worth it to me because of the many new additions.

I will probably wait another 3 years or so before another upgrade due to the high cost.

18. Redryder

Redryder Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Still no torrents out there, eh?

19. Philatc

Philatc Pushing Tin

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I was only asking as someone else stated they would provide pics.

20. NinnJinn

NinnJinn Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    At that price, I will stick to my garmin!