1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nav Vehicle Maintenance Reminders...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Susan4ET, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Susan4ET

Susan4ET Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Concerning the Navigation there is a Vehicle Maintenacne Reminder Section. Instead of manually subtracting the current miles on the car from the mikles needed to enter the miles remaining can the computer do that calculation for you with some customization? If I have an oil change 5,000 why not enter 5,000 miles and have it calculate that you only have 4, 759 miles remaining since you have already driven 241 miles?

Any way to disable the dashboard maint required light since you can only reset it and can't change the interval? All the more reason when we go to 10,000 mile oil and filter changes and I have tire rotation done at other times at other places associated with winter studded tires. The dash light warning will become irrelevant--a nuisance.

Thanks.

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

As far as I know the user customizable maintenance reminder section (which is shown on the Navigation display) is separate from the built in maintenance 5,000 mile reminder which appears on the MID.

I do not know of any way to disable it, and I doubt a dealer would disable it if you asked them to. They are not changing it from coming on at 5,000 miles since other service reminders still occur at intervals other than 10,000 miles. (and the 10,000 mile interval is only 'under normal driving conditions')

3. Susan4ET

Susan4ET Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    So the MID maintenance reminder is for the dealer and not the driver. Ineresting. :) It is to bad. The other Nav reminder system is far more customizable and accurate for your maintenance needs, can be turned off or just not used, and does not stick in your and your passengers faces. After so many years I really expected something better and in a way there is...the driver can reset the reminder ahead another 5,000 miles and get the warning out of the way.

4. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

No.

The MID maint. reminder is so simple to reset...

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Funny how only US cars have the MAIN'T REQ'D light...

6. Susan4ET

Susan4ET Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Well, you know, I think we need special care.:eek: I just want something versatile I can use and not something that sets off during the middle of a trip and means nothing at that moment. And it isn't like I can reset for another 200 miles hence, no, I reset it to go off again in another 5,000 miles. Totally useless im not so ho. Or how about a button that cancels the light for 24 hours.

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It goes on once at 4,500 miles and stays on at 5,000 miles... Not everyone has the nav. The nav makes it easier to personalise (another advantage of the factory nav)