1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation Calibration problem after replacing extension box

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by dbv8787, Jul 9, 2014.

1. dbv8787

dbv8787 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Yesterday I had the extension box of my '12 Prius C swapped out due to getting dropouts going through a tunnel that wouldn't recover after exiting the tunnel:
    Directions Disappear going Through Caldecott Tunnel | PriusChat

On the drive back from the dealer I noticed the calibration must be off because 90% of the time it was routing me on side streets even though I was on the highway. 10% of the time it did route me correctly for some reason. The arrow where my car is also showed it about 20 feet or so away from the actual location as well.

Is this a calibration problem and if so is there something I can do to calibrate myself or do I need to bring it into the dealer again? Thanks.

2. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I personally think that this is just a slightly different manifestation of the original problem.
    What is an "extension box" ??

3. w2kpugsly

w2kpugsly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
  4. GeoZoo

GeoZoo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I had MAJOR problems, randomly, with mine from the start. I would be in the right place then suddenly parallel then it got so lost I was eventually up to 100km away.
    after trying everything, dealership talked to Toyota, they replaced the GPS. never had a problem since other than the odd hiccup