1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation Speed Lock Override

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by cduvall48, Apr 11, 2012.

1. cduvall48

cduvall48 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Just wondering if anyone has installed the Prius Navigation Override Lock on their Prius C yet? If so best place to buy it from and does it work?

1 person likes this.
  2. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I don't recall anyone ordered the override for the c. So far only 2 orders for the v.

3. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart The Techie Guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    a prius override lock... buying it?? is it some module you purchase and install?

can't you just snip the wires and install a switch yourself?.. seems to be the cheaper method of doing it.

4. cproaudio

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Yes you purchase it from the Priuschat shop or from prestigious society or from beatsonic.
    Snipping the wire and adding a switch is not recommended. There's a reason why an override module is required. It has been discussed in a couple of threads. The headunit requires a speed signal to prevent it from switching to GPS based speed signal. Once it switches to GPS based speed signal, it'll take a short time for the headunit to switch back to VSS based speed signal once the VSS wire receives the speed pulse. During this time, flipping the switch will not get the grayed out buttons back. You'll have to wait until the headunit has switched back to the VSS based speed signal before flipping the switch.

5. SquallLHeart

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    hmm.. i see.. looks like they've changed a few things from when i last overrid the older Toyota navi units... i used to manually pulse the VSS signal using a manual switch.. and didn't have many problems with it..

it's pretty much how hawkmoon77 did it before... so it used to work.. at least on the older models. i haven't looked into what changes they made, if any..

nice work writing up the 555timer method.

6. cproaudio

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    hawkmoon77 cut the VSS wire and found out that it didn't work. Then he built a 555 timer circuit and it did work. You don't have to buy the override. You can build it yourself.

7. SquallLHeart

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    well, cutting the VSS wire completely definitely wouldn't work.. LOL.. that's why i placed an in-line switch in there.

but anyway.. the override looks like something i'm well capable of making myself. thanks for posting it up! :)

8. cproaudio

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    When you install it, please post pictures.

9. orangenerd

orangenerd Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    so...any updates? Does this work on the c and how easy is this to install...I am not an idiot, but am not super tech savvy.