1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation Version information

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by kornkob, Dec 20, 2011.

1. kornkob

kornkob New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    While there are many threads on Nav updates and hacks, my Google-fu has proven to be too weak to discover how one would determine what version of the Nav software a Prius currently has loaded.

I'm currently looking at a 2009 Touring and am considering making the Nav update a point of contention during the negotiations with the dealer.

Can someone point me to instructions on determining the version?

2. jpadc

jpadc Type before I think too often

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    To get your version number, hit the Menu button, then select "Map DVD" on the touch screen (top right). Likely it will be ver 7.1

Also make sure the car is really a touring as lots of dealers say a car is one when its really not. The easy way to get a sense is to count the spokes on the wheels. If it has 7 then it has the touring wheels and is likely a touring model. If it has 6, then its not likely a touring model

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yep. They're very commonly misrepresented. Look at the tire sizes. If it has 15" wheels, it's not a touring or someone put on wheels from a non-touring (doesn't seem that likely).

4. kornkob

kornkob New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Thanks for the extra tips on the model...

and even more thanks for the info on how to determine current nav info. |

Where would I find out what version of the nav is most current available?

5. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Toyota updates the Nav DVD once a year around October. The rev number is for the year. The latest Nav DVD update is 11.1 for 2011.