1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need foglights. Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by dirtpimp, Jul 29, 2013.

1. dirtpimp

dirtpimp Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My model didn't come with foglights but I need some. I've been looking at a few different brands (blinglights, spyder smoked, etc.) but I need to find something that comes with the wiring harness, mounts, switch, etc. It would also be nice if they doubled as DRL's or were LED. I'm more concerned about "filling the empty foglight hole" rather than lighting- my HID's do well enough. It looks as though the Prius Gen II foglights are compatible with Scion and Highlander foglights. Am I wrong?

Any ideas or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys! photo.JPG

2. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
  3. dirtpimp

dirtpimp Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I saw that but man! Looks like a lot of work! I have a newborn (and two more kids) so time is limited for me...very limited (late nights in the garage). Very nice looking though and innovative.

So let me ask you, I noticed the mounts in your bumper for your fog lights after removing your grill. Mine doesn't have the mounts molded into the bumper. It's only in the grill cover. Is this because you have an earlier model car? Mines an 09.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375141243.228404.jpg

So do you think this will this even work based solely on mounting?

4. ursle

ursle Gas miser

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Why do you need fog's, I have a gen 2 and the oem fog's are a joke, actually the oem hid's are also a joke, the fog's do nothing, hi or low beam enacted, jmho,ymmv

5. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Mine is a 2008 Touring

It was a lot of work...but so worth it. Just adding HID bulbs alone to the oem fogs was a HUGE improvement....with the oem fog light shield, there was no glare. These were mine before the retrofit...using HID bulbs: - B4 the HID bulbs, yes worthless...after MUCH better.
    [​IMG]

What you see behind the fog light grille IS the fog light mounts, your's is the same as mine:

OEM Fog light Mount....................................................Modified to fit the Hella Micro DE Lights.
    [​IMG]

6. dirtpimp

dirtpimp Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I agree the oem's are a joke. I have DDM HID headlights and that makes significant difference though. It's more of a want thing at this point. I'd like to get 9006 LED bulbs from DDM for use in my fog lights as DRL's. Maybe do a HID conversion later. Just want to fill the holes rather than put the boring non-fog light covers back on.

7. dirtpimp

dirtpimp Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks for the info! Looks great and a definite improvement in lumens!

8. dirtpimp

dirtpimp Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    FYI, I ended up putting LED bulbs in it.