1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need help identifying wires on back of radio...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by SLO Cat Wrangler, May 24, 2009.

1. SLO Cat Wrangler

SLO Cat Wrangler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hello everyone. About 2 months ago, we got cell phones and I really don't want my wife trying to plug in her little ear phone thing when I call and she is driving. We did not get a prius with bluetooth as we could not afford the extra ~$3000 to move between the package #2 to #6.

So I am trying to DIY and install an aftermarket Bluetooth system. I found one that looks really looks nice as it was made to look OEM. Here is a link to the company Ego Hands Free - www.egohandsfree.com. I am thinking of getting the EGO-DASH-TS. I've got 1 blank left to put the switch in.

My problem is that there are several wiring harness (as well as 3 different type of switches that the company makes to fit in to differnt blank spots on the dash, depending on the toyota vehicle that it will go into).

I would love a wiring diaghram of the back of the radio. I have included a couple of pictures of the back of my radio so you can see which plugs and wires are present. I also have a VAIS Tech. Ipod adapter plugged in. It is the second plug from the right. The right side of the photo is the passenger side and it is taken from the top of the radio.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Steve

Attached Files:

2. mlancast

mlancast New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I am purchasing one of the kits you are trying to install. Here is a link to the application list with wiring harness pictures. Look at the one called B* 01056WIH-TSB and that shows the pin outs to connect. Good luck. Let me know how you like it. BTW, how much did your kit cost?

Mike

3. SLO Cat Wrangler

SLO Cat Wrangler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks Mike for the inquiry, but which link are you to the application list are you referring to?

Well I decided that since this kit is so new and after talking with my wife, we decided to go with a parrot product. The 3200-LS color. This is plug and play type device if you get the correct wiring harness. I will say though I have already had one problem with it and the manufacture is suppose to be getting me a replacement unit. So that said, If you look through Prius chat for my user name you will find the parrot kit that I purchased, cost for wiring harness and all. If you need any other info please just let me know.

Good luck with your install.

Steve