1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NEED HELP REMOVING ROCK CHIPS OFF MY PRIUS ASAP!!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by thomasdean932, Feb 25, 2014.

1. thomasdean932

thomasdean932 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Hi my name is Thomas, I am new to this forum … I have a 2011 Toyota Prius (white) with some rock chips on the hood and bumper, I've been doing a lot of reading in the forum but can't find anything about rock chip repair…. I saw a TV commercial this past Sunday on Car Crazy on the Velocity Channel for a company EZ Chip Repair… I went to their website and looked around.. the product looks good, so i went to google and read their reviews and they have mostly good reviews. So my question is has anyone in this forum tried this product???? i would love their feedback before I buy it..
    Thank you.

2. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Haven't tried it, but if you do please let us know. I've just been using my tube of touch up paint to do the rock chips but after awhile it gets tiresome.

3. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    There are many products online that repairs windshields. Go to Amazon and search for windshield repair. You will find many products that are quite similar for about $10. I guess it's worth a try for yourself.

In my experience, these tend not to work that well. It's a bandaid at best. The clear resin doesn't seem to stick to the windshield chips too well. But it might be different for you. There are good and bad reviews of the product, YMMV.

update: read your post wrong. You don't have chips in your windshield.....

4. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Moved from knowledge base article discussions to the appropriate gen III forum which is maintenance, care and troubleshooting.

5. mediahound

mediahound Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I would use some touch up paint. Not much else you can do short of having those panels entirely repainted.

You might also search Yelp for paint touch up services in your area. Some of them can do a better job than you can.

This is why I got a clear bra paint protection film installed on my Prius.

retired4999 likes this.
  6. ou812

ou812 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Mine was bad as well, I do alot of highway driving, finally checked into clear bra (sticker) after first respray too expensive so removed front bumper cover and had it sprayed with Line-X bed liner $185.00 (Southern Maryland). Car is Blue Ribbon Blue so it really looks good, and better yet no more paint chips on front bumper cover. Maintain it with Vinylex.