1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New 2010, PCS light is on

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Balt, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Balt

Balt Junior Member

Hi all,

the PCS light came on today in my 2010 (Australian) while driving and stays on throughout power cycles. The manual says to take it to the dealer, my local Toyota shop doesn't have a scanner that can read PCS codes and I live a day's drive away from the nearest dealer that has one.

Since I'm about to drive 600km to Sydney to have that looked at, are there any last comments before the car explodes in my face?

Cheers

- Balt

2. macman408

macman408 Electron Guidance Counselor

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Seems to me like it oughtta be Toyota going out of their way for you, not the other way around. Can't they mail the scanner to your dealer or something? Sheesh.

3. Balt

Balt Junior Member

Haha. This is Australia. Customer service is fab, if you're friends with the customer service manager... otherwise, no luck!

I found the problem though: I must have bumped the PCS button underneath the steering wheel! Duh! I didn't even know this could be turned on and off, but a few searches here revealed that this would have the same effect. And sure enough, it does!

So, all good, no scanner is needed... Phew!

Cheers

- Balt