1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New 2011 Prius Two Owner -- Questions

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Shinino, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Shinino

Shinino Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So I'm new to the 2011 Prius Two and I don't know a TON about cars, but I can follow basic instructions as long as it's not too ... well too fancy :D

What are some basic, after-market mods that I can do to the car? I'm already considering debadging my Prius, replacing the dome and cargo lights with LEDs and putting HIDs in it.

What else is there that's suggested? Also, is there an inexpensive aftermarket Bluetooth kit, or would that be replacing the stereo?

2. D Unit

D Unit Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you have a 2011, I believe you have a Gen 3. Not sure what you're going to debadge, but be careful because there might be holes behind the certain emblems. For an HID kit, I'd buy any of the cheap chinese ones especially if it came with a relay (probably not necessary but nice to have). Pick 4300K or 5000K max. As far as bluetooth, try researching A2DP (music streaming)... I'm currently looking at the Belkin Aircast because my wife will probably like the cool looking button but I just started researching. Good luck.

3. yamisoshi

yamisoshi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

I have a 2010 Prius III with JBL 6-CD changer system without Nav, so I bought this to use for Bluetooth audio/music playback.

New Hot 2013 Bluetooth Wireless Receiver Adapter USB Dongle 3.5mm Stereo Music for Speakers free shipping-in Bluetooth Car Kit from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

The kit I bought was from ebay though. It came with a short auxiliary cable and two-usb belkin charger. It is no longer available on ebay, but hopefully that link helps you see what it is I bought.

4. Shinino

Shinino Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two

I was thinking about removing the 'Prius' name and the 'Hybrid' and 'Synergy Engine' stuff. Nothing major.

On the Bluetooth, I'm honestly wondering if it might not be better/easier to see about getting a factory install of a III radio/Bluetooth (to have the screen and all).

Or, would it be workable to just replace the radio all together with one that has Bluetooth built-in?

5. Burna J

Burna J Knot Right Performance....

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three