1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New 3g owner. Normal sounds?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Absentminded, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Absentminded

Absentminded Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi! Just got a 2010 Prius II with 90k miles on it. I'm currently getting 37mpg around town. The previous owner averaged 50mpg over the last 20k miles per the trip computer. The dealer put on regular nexen tires...not LRR as would be expected. I'm wondering what else they did...but hey, even 37 is good compared to the 16mpg I'm used to. So just curious, what kind of noises are normal in a prius? I figured out the battery fan in the back seat already. There is quite a bit of whining/maybe even roaring when turning..but it doesn't feel like a wheel bearing. The car is ungodly slow coming away from stoplight or stopsign and doesn't respond to pedal movement much unless in power mode. If I push it harder, the ICE kicks in and it moves like a normal car...but I otherwise try to keep it at the halfway mark on the eco meter and certainly out of the power range. I otherwise have all but 1 bar on the battery meter and it's a great car! I've been reading the forum and checking out other people's experiences. I just want to make sure I'm good before the 30 day guarantee is up.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome to priuschat! yup, all good, except the roar when cornering. wheel bearing or cv joint maybe? all the best!(y)