1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Guy Just Got A Prius Today!! Ipod/Nav Questions??

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by San Diego Prius, Mar 4, 2014.

1. San Diego Prius

San Diego Prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey Guys

My name is Kevin. Just got my first Prius today. Its a 2011 basic model, level 2 is what is says on the window sticker.

Don't know much about these, but coworker is deploying and gave me a smoking deal, so i jumped on it. So far, love it.. BUT........

I also have a 2013 Tundra. Its the cheapy edition with NON JBL, etc... However, there is a USB plug that i plug my iphone into and control from the deck. Nothing fancy, and i am not a music guy, but this feature has grown on me and i love it! :)

Now, the Prius deck doesn't do this, as you know.

I've been looking at and reading about installing a plug and play NAV system to kill 2 birds with one stone.

The Ottonavi one seems to get better reviews compared to the Rosen:

Does the Ottonavi work as advertised Ipod-wise as well asthe Bluetooth and Navigation??

Pros? Cons? Anything to look out for?

Thanks

2. PriusNP

PriusNP Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi Kevin

Welcome.

I'm in same boat as you and consider my options

Just wanted to let you know in my search Rosen has turned up more bad reviews even the stereo shop that does sell them told me to not buy it.

I did however find an alternative on ebay for factory look and all features but its has no name brand. Cost about $450 estimate. Uses igo for gps software

I have not made the purchase because trying to get more reviews if positive I will buy it. Plus here in NY its cold so don't feel like installing now. I'll wait another month

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome aboard, all the best!(y)

4. San Diego Prius

San Diego Prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks Guys!

I just bought the OttoNavi unti after reading a good amount of good reviews!! Woohoo!