1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New owner, love the car, unhappy with interior colors - looking to get some inspiration

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by BluViolet, Dec 5, 2012.

1. BluViolet

BluViolet New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi Everyone,

I know this is silly, but this is a forum for Prius enthusiasts, so I thought I'd ask for some inspiration to love my new car.
    I just bought a Prius II 2012 ( my first new car!) in Sea Glass Pearl with dark grey interior. And although I am enjoying driving the new Prius (feels like a spaceship :) I am unhappy with how dark it is inside with all the black plastic. The Corolla I had before was beige inside and being happy with that I haven't thought much about interior choices.
    Now I feel sad that I didn't think this out as well as I should have. I know many people out there love their dark grey interior, so I am asking for some inspiration :)

thanks!

JMD likes this.
  2. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It will grow on you.

3. 13Plug

13Plug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm with you, my 08 had bisque interior and it was great, my new plug-in is the same as yours and I find it's really dark too.

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You could do leather seat covers trimmed in a different color. The door inserts can be done too.

Attached Files:

5. BluViolet

BluViolet New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It's good to know I am not the only one out there :)
    How did you decide on this color scheme then?

6. BluViolet

BluViolet New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks!
    I actually like the seat color, it's the black plastic that annoys me. I am wondering if may be it's possible to have some of it replaced, like the glove compartment, cup holder, and the terrible black fabric on the compartment that's between the seats? Am I crazy for thinking in this direction?

7. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    They make interior paint for this reason. I'm not sure how it would work on the Eco plastics.

8. 13Plug

13Plug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I got a plugin model and there are no choices on interior color, unfortunately.

9. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I agree that the dark plastic growns on you. If it makes you feel any better a lot of those that have the lighter grays and beiges, which gives a good contrast with the dark plastics, also complain later about the lighter fabrics showing dirt a lot quicker.