1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New PiP Owners...More data please!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by iRun26.2, Mar 6, 2012.

1. miscrms

miscrms Plug Envious Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Interesting also is to compare the UDDS data for the 120kg/5.14 kWh NimH pack to the 60kg LFP pack. CD Wh efficiency is still lower on the Li pack than the larger capacity NimH pack, indicating an internal resistance advantage to the chemistry. The CS fuel consumption is also lower.

Interestingly this model doesn't predict the same improvement in the higher speed US06 cycle. The US06 LFP 60kg Wh/mile also seems unexpectedly high.

Rob

2. fortytwok

fortytwok Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'll snap a pic when it happens but by Wed I should hit 90% EV. This is 2months and 1,900 miles in.
    I'm now 3bars down so guessing = 3 gallons ? My situation is several charges per day as I make roughly 4 trips a day but able to charge after all. At this rate I'll need to fill up twice this year !

3. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Sweet. The manual mentioned this:

For plug-in hybrid vehicles, fuel may remain in the tank for a long time and undergo changes in quality depending on the how the vehicle is used. Refuel at least 5.3 gal.(20 L, 4.4 lmp.gal.) of fuel every 6 months (refuel a total of at least 5.3 gal. [20 L, 4.4 Imp.gal.] over a 6-month period), as this may affect components of the fuel system or the gasoline engine.

4. fortytwok

fortytwok Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thank you Seawolf - the manual was so thick I'm afraid I didn't bother. I think I'd be ok because at this point I'd need that fill-up close to the 6 month period but now I'll do it regardless

5. drinnovation

drinnovation EREV for EVER!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Its not the number of gallons but the amount of new fuel added that matters.
    If you are not really using the amount in the manual (5.3g per 6 months), rather than wasteing it every 6 months, think of it as replacing more than half the fuel every 6 months (that is what the volt forces on its owners). So if you are only burning 4 gallons every 6 months, then once you get the tank a bit lower (e.g. one medium road trip), then you can keep the tank lower (say 3 gallons) and just add 60% of the fuel at 6 months, i.e. add 4 gallos of fresh.

6. fortytwok

fortytwok Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that makes sense - thanks!
    I'm trying to get that miles/tank record (posted anyway) so probably hold off as long as possible on my first fill-up...

just for the record I am using more than the 5.3g per 6 months
    I'm appx 3 gallons down now for 1900+ miles over my first 2 months. But yes the remaining 7g is aging and by 6 mos I'd have 1-2 of gas past its prime if I didn't fill up