1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius c owner reporting

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by PriusC'er, Feb 27, 2012.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    he does not have enough posts to put up pix.

2. babalooo

babalooo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    How many posts does one need before we can post pics?

3. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Shifting into neutral defeats the Hybrid system regen. The car will then probably start the ICE to charge the battery. Most people just figure the car is smarter than they are and just let it do its thing.

4. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney EditProfOptInfoCustomUser Title

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Caveat: N-glides at high speed forces one of the motors to spin faster than Toyota would like. That's why there's an glide speed limit of 45 in the Prius.

The Prius glides efficiently so N-glide's aren't very beneficial.

It's only above it's true glide limit that an N-glide can help you: if you are engine-off before you reach the limit, shift into N and then the car speeds up beyond the normal limit you'll avoid the inefficiency of the engine turning on or being spun by the motors in a high-speed glide.

But without having the eCVT-heads research it, I wouldn't touch an N-glide in the c.

1 person likes this.
  5. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I know...holding a button down for less than 3 seconds can really kill ya....

6. lensovet

lensovet former BP Brigade 207

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    guys, in the very first post, he said:

so leave him alone with the photos already.

as far as auto up/down windows: in my mind this is 100% a safety feature. one touch and i can put my hands right back on the wheel and not have to monitor the status of the window.

7. Alexma

Alexma Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you for that very immature and useful reply that contributes to this thread.

I have auto up and down on all four of my windows which is a great.

Having the possibility of acquiring another vehicle in the future and the option of the Prius C, I would like to have this feature in my next vehicle.

I'm sure there are others here that would also like to know if this is a feature that Toyota moved down to the Prius C.

The original poster is being very kind by sharing information about his new purchase with us and answering our questions. For that, I would like to thank him for his time and responses that have contributed to this thread greatly.

1 person likes this.
  8. Alexma

Alexma Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    PriusC'er - Thank you for taking the time to report and answer all the questions we are asking of you.

Everyone is just excited about your C as you are. I believe we are all in awe of your excellent MPG reports!

Thanks again!!!

9. StarBrite310

StarBrite310 ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I'm very into that auto up and down window feature as well! I've always had it on my Prius' but I noticed that my mother's 2011 Range Rover Sport does not have it! Can you believe??? Her car is a fully loaded luxury package and it doesn't have the auto up and down window :confused: I can't stand that I have to keep my finger down when I drive her car. Feels very strange.

Glad to know the C at least has it on the driver side though...

10. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

are you sure it is just not calibrated? Try this, put vehicle in ACC, and pull the switch for the window up, and hold it there for 30s... try then.

11. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    One-touch power windows for all 4 windows isn't very wide spread and mostly limited to luxury and entry-luxury vehicles. Most family sedans just have it on the driver's side window so the Prius is unique in that regard and frankly I wouldn't expect it in a lower class of vehicle (all 4 windows that is).

My smart had auto-down for both front windows but not up for example

Re: Range Rover. Did you try the European method? They don't work the same way that Toyota does where you have to press all the way down (or up) to enable the auto feature. Some require a quick release to enable the auto function.

12. PriusC'er

PriusC'er Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Latest trip mpg info:

- 12 miles going up 1200 ft elevation and back down to sea level:
    57.3 mpg

- 4 miles uphill with relatively steep sections to 700 ft elevation:
    27.3 mpg

- 4 miles downhill (same as above coming down) in heavy traffic using EV for 95% of the trip:
    99.9 mpg
    We thought the display was broken or stuck, but it must have meant it was over 100 mpg.

- 17 miles up to 1200 ft, down to 200 ft, back up to 700 ft, down to sea level:
    51.8 mpg

All trips were on surface streets; the longer trips included a 5 mile stretch of "highway" (no stoplights) where the speed limit is 45 (but most people travel 55). Moderate to heavy commuter traffic.

3 people like this.
  13. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My appology if I offended you. But really? My Honda Fit has exactly the same Drivers Window Auto Up Only- as the new Prius C.

And I'm sure Auto Up on all windows is better. But is this REALLY a deal breaker? REALLY?

Plus you mentioned it SEVERAL times. We get it. You wish the Prius C had auto up on all windows.

I'm just saying? Auto Up or not? I don't really find having to break a sweat holding a button a few extra seconds that big a deal. And NOT having auto up on all windows for a sub-compact offering, is hardly out of the norm for the class.

But you are surely entitled to your opinion. And maybe Toyota is listening. Perhaps we will get a Prius C refresh with Auto Up on all windows. If so, I will credit your sterling work in this area.

1 person likes this.
  14. alfon

alfon Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks Prius C'r for you continued posting. Let
    us know how it is on a long trip, say 100 miles or
    so...

Thanks again....

15. ystasino

ystasino Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for the information. Your results are particularly encouraging because you're getting ~48 mpg using cc at rather hilly terrain. If you drove using the battery only when going downhill and modest gas when going uphill I would expect mpgs ~60.

16. StarBrite310

StarBrite310 ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I tried it out today and I guess there is a button to turn that feature on and off or something. Odd! But her car does have the auto windows since it worked today when I tried. I figured it would since it's a luxury vehicle :p It better! haha

17. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I just hate it when I'm in a rental car and I only want the window to move two inches and the thing keeps going all the way up or down, and it takes me ten seconds to get it to do what I want. :(

I hope the Prius c has the feature where you have to push it an extra distance down or pull it an extra distance up to engage the auto down/up feature.

18. lensovet

lensovet former BP Brigade 207

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    that's exactly how it works on every Toyota vehicle I have driven. Including the 3rd gen liftbacks

19. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    having auto up on all windows on one (Prius) and having it on driver's only (Leaf) on another vehicle, i can say

sure, it would be nice but I can live without it. it really is not all that much of a hassle to close the window.

20. harleyjs

harleyjs Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sure have to agree with you, no heated outside mirrors until package 4! glad I purchased a new 2011-2 for less than the C. Here in the N.East you need the heated mirrors.