1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New to me 2014 Prius Plugin

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by gsl1909, Aug 28, 2016.

1. gsl1909

gsl1909 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hi folks -

I bought a Toyota Certified Used 2014 Prius Plugin a couple of weeks ago and I'm loving it more than I thought I would. This was supposed to be an interim vehicle for me to use to keep from piling up too many miles on my other leased vehicle. Now I think I'm going to have a hard time parting with it.

It came with 30K miles and, being certified, the dealer replaced a whole lot of parts, including the tires. It has some of the original warranty left plus an additional year. I passed on the 7 year extended warranty. Toyota Finance also gave me 0% financing too. Couldn't pass it up.

The lack of a spare tire concerned me because I travel though some pretty remote places where I don't even get a cell signal. No cell phone means I can't call AAA for help.

I looked around to see if I could find an OEM wheel. I don't like the limitations on "temp" spares or donuts. Not having much luck, I stumbled on someone who has a Prius Plugin and had removed the original wheels and tires a few days after he bought his car. I managed to buy them from him. They are the original 15" Prius Plugin wheels with the OEM LRR tires. They look brand new, which they are since he only used them for a few days. They came as originally mounted with the center caps, tire pressure monitors, and lug nuts. I put covers on them and placed one behind the passenger seat. Now I have a decent spare and three more to boot!

I've been using a Level 2 public charger (about a mile from my apartment) since I have nowhere to plug it in at my apartment complex. Gets me to groceries and restaurants and back without using any gas. What a hoot!

Took a long trip (1000 miles) to visit some friends and still got 58 to 60 mpg on regular gas (I admit, I drive like the old man that I am). BTW, the nav did a great job and took me everywhere I wanted to go (In-N-Out).

Updated the Entune although I can't see that it made any difference. Still enjoying the free three month trial of the Sirius XM radio, although I can Bluetooth to my phone for Spotify with no problem.

Anyway, just thought I'd share with like-minded folks.

View attachment 116171

Burna J likes this.