1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New to owning a prius and looking for advice for alloys.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Matthew Griffiths, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Matthew Griffiths

Matthew Griffiths Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Active
    Hi everyone!

I'm new on here and to owning a prius, and I have to say I have fallen in love with it right away. I just want to improve things a little.

So I recently bought a 2008 toyota prius tspirit, and i'm looking to replace the original alloys. Not because there's anything wrong with them in fact I quite like them. But the ones I have are pretty banged up and corroded.

I've looked around on the internet and can't find anywhere which sells replacement alloys.

So I suppose I will have to go for after market ones. Which i'm not sure what will and will not work with mine.
    I was looking for something which isn't brash or loud. Just looks nice.

It's the dark metallic grey paint and the original alloys are the 7 spoke ones which are a darker metallic grey. The colour is quite nice.

So any ideas where I could buy some from in europe or anyone have similar goals and found something just right?

I looked on the post of the alloys but they are in america, or a wee bit loud.

I posted a picture which isn't great but its all I have while i'm at work.

Thanks

Matt

Attached Files:

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Have you considered using PlastiDip on your wheels? It would save money and you can chose from a wide array of colors. If you don't like it then you simply peel it off. Search on YouTube for examples.

3. wa-chiss

wa-chiss Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    sigmaautomotive.com has some good choices, then you could look on ebay or tire rack for similar wheels for probably less money. I haven't compared sigma prices to any other places so IDK.

4. Matthew Griffiths

Matthew Griffiths Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Active
    Hey F8L, Thanks for your reply. The alloys on there are actually corroded. Well they have bubbles which very much look like rust spots to me. do not know how thats possible. So i'm looking for new wheels.

Thanks for that wa-chiss really cool site!

Think i've found the perfect site now.

5. wa-chiss

wa-chiss Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No problem. I love going to that site and looking around.