1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Toyota Owners Meeting at Dealership

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by elife, Sep 19, 2012.

1. elife

elife Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The dealership that I purchased my PiP from has a "new owners seminar" once a month. I love all things cars so i attended and it was quite good - free dinner too! The Director of Service presented at the meeting. Couple take aways for Pip owners (and others too).

o Always take your 2nd Fob when going on vacation or traveling. He said if you lock your car and lose the Fob two things will follow. 1) it will take about 36 hours to get into your car as Toyota takes their security serious and only a few people in the company have "global access" to the cars. 2) it will cost you at least $500 to get it "rekeyed".

o if you use the toyota sealant to fix a flat the air pressure sensor valve in the tire gets gummed up and needs to be replaced - cost $206 installed. Use Toyota road side assistance.

o don't top off the tank. If you do it time after time will gum up the charcoal canister and eventually cost big bucks to get it replaced.

o don't leave the key fob in the car when you get home (even if you park in a locked garage) as the fob continually "talks" to the car and causes premature replacement of the fob battery.

o Use your 5 free services even it you need to take in before 5K, 10K, 15K, 20K, 25K. Toyota is holding firm on the 2 years part of the 2 year or 25K miles.

Rob

Rebound, rwyckoff and cwerdna like this.