1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newb in Mexico City

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by marmalva, Nov 17, 2011.

1. marmalva

marmalva Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hola Amigos..

I just received my Prius a few weeks back. I live in Mexico City, where the lets go green and help safe the world project is still not very noticable. I bougt my Prius of course, to go green and to start the green culture here in Mexico City.

Did you know that the Prius in Mexico sells 10,000 US dollas more than in the US.. Yeap, they are not cheap at all. Why?? You would have to ask the Govenment.. ($10,000 USD - in extra taxes only for Hybrids)

Any way, I need help from you on how to drive it, I am really not seeing much fuel economy. Mexico City has a lot of traffic (LOTS - took me 2 hours from my home to the office in only a distance of little over 7 miles). There is a lot of full stops and quick accelerations. Plus the terrain is not flat, many small hills and rollers.

Since I bought my Prius nicknamed "Hiro" I have only seen 3 other Priuses on the road. Its really a shame..

If any of you are from Mexico or will be coming to Mexico.. contact me!!

Any tips or important things I should know??

Saludos..
    Hiro and Maria

1 person likes this.
  2. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hiro y Mari, Bienvenidos a Prius Chat.

Is your Premium package equivalent to one of the US models?

3. marmalva

marmalva Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Gracias!!

In Mexico there is only 1 model type and the 2010 and 2011 are identical, no changes. It comes in four different colors (gray, silver, red and white) the interior is gray for all. Its not the same as in the US. Its has leather seats, fog lamps, 15" tires, head lamp cleanres, so most of the goods as a Prius 2011 five, but not all.. no parking assistance, just the rearview camara.
    Do you know, which model this would be? I can't seem to find the same one..

4. Silveray

Silveray New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hola Hiro

I just moved to Mexico City, away from my Prius. I am wondering what kind of mpg or km/l you observed. Since DF has high altitude, NA engine output s should decrease comparing to lower altitude.

Plus how is Toyota service for Prius in Mexico? Do you know if they will service a USA based Prius?

5. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello there, I visited Mexico City with a group years ago. So many people. Had to watch out extra crossing streets! Went to the fairgrounds and saw those pole swingers er whateva they call 'em. Climbed some pyramids too. Good job representing the Prius there!

6. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride!

7. fulltank

fulltank New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Welcome aboard! Sounds like you have a sorta IV and V hybrid but leaning more toward the IV. Don't think you can call it a V unless you have 17s, solar roof and nav. Anyway, sounds like a nice ride!!!

8. Silveray

Silveray New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    About crossing the street, it took me a while to remember that you have to watch for traffic before crossing. I sort of got it but still I could not say in complete confidence that I remember it all the time.

Well I hope to get in touch with other fellow Prius owner to find out how easy it is to obtain service and parts for Prius in Mexico.

Thanks