1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newb question about P&G

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by icameasdust, Apr 19, 2014.

1. icameasdust

icameasdust New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So I've been practicing pulse and glide around town and noticed I wasn't getting a "black screen" like I saw in videos posted here. No matter what, I get the blue lines. Is this ok?

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you are asking whether you are gliding or not, I'd say probably not.

You need to back off the accelerator completely, then touch it ever so slightly. Bear in mind the display does not update instantly, there is a about a seconds delay in updates, so be patient. You should be able to feel the change from regen to glide.

Also if you are not in stage 4 of the ICE warm up cycle, can be almost impossible to to attain a glide in some of the earlier stages. Read through this info on the 5 stages of ICE warm up.

A bit more detail of what you do would be good as well. Hang in there once you get it the first time it becomes easier and before you know it, it will be second nature.

icameasdust likes this.
  3. icameasdust

icameasdust New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok awesome! I mean, in still. Getting decent mileage (about 50-65 average) but feel like I could be getting a little better. The average speed limit in my town is only 40mph so it works pretty well once I can get the hang of it!