1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbe to this forum

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Nda3rdCar, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Nda3rdCar

Nda3rdCar Junior Member

Just registered with PriusChat... Today I will place an order for a 06 Prius, Package 3. I hope to learn from other people on this forum about the cars and perhaps I can contribute in the future.
    I am a bit of a car cleaning nut, so I'll most likely contribute along those lines.

Just to start out... this car will be a 3rd car for two people. Just yesterday we test drove an 06 Prius at Santa Monica Toyota. So far a very good experience. Nice dealership and salesman.

Honda..ugh! What a terrible experience. The don't have any hybrids to test drive, the salesmen at two dealerships didn't know much of anything about the cars, basicly didn't even want to sell them anyways and one guy babbled something about 5K over sticker in barely understandable english...(Santa Monica & Culver City).

The Prius was a pleasure to drive and we think it will make for a great overall car for commuting and hauling. Talk to you soon. (ordering March 12th, will let forum know when it comes in.)

2. Oregon-Mica

Oregon-Mica New Member

:D Welcome from another individual fairly new to these forums. Folks are very helpful. Here in Southern Oregon it was easier to find a Civic, then a Prius. We drove 90 miles to drive the Prius but ordered locally as the one locally did not add to the MSRP.

We have been very impressed with "Sky". The Civic, though very nice, does not offer what the Prius does in terms of power, and function.

Take care,

Oregon-Mica

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    welcome to PriusChat!

4. jplotinus

jplotinus New Member

I'm new too. First post. So, welcome to you and welcome to me.

I have an 06, delivered on 2/27. I've driven it 300miles and am getting 50.2mpg. I aspire for more.

I'm sure there are tons of posts on mileage claims and on how to milk it for all it's worth. I covet 60mpg and expect to get it.

onward

5. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well I have only been posting here for a few days, and trolling these fourns for a few weeks prior to that...

You'll find the folks here to be very open and welcoming, (we're all Prius folks after all!!!) :D

6. s.e.tx_parrothead

s.e.tx_parrothead New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    :D I am new to Prius Chat as well. We ordered my Black pkg #8 on 2/27/06. I was lucky enough to be able to find a Prius similar to what I wanted to test drive in Houston, but ordered from a smaller dealership. The closest dealer is 45 minutes north in Lufkin. I have been visiting the site for several weeks and it was a big factor in my decision to purchase the car. Everyone has been a great source of information and with the side benefit of a few humorous stories as well.

Will let everyone one know when the Prius comes in. They told me 2-3 months and that should be in May or June. Thanks again to all of you!!!

Kris

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    wow, so many new members! Welcome to you all!