1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie - 2015 Prius TWO

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Coach, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Coach

Coach New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Greetings one and all. After driving a 1995 GMC Safari (15-16 MPG) for the past 7 years my wife & I decided to go for something a bit more more fuel efficient. After much research regarding the reliability & economy of the Prius we purchased our first ever hybrid vehicle a 2015 Prius TWO on November 18th. The dealer had a "loss leader" and we decided the price was right.

After driving vehicles for past 50 years I'm in a vehicle that is totally foreign to me. My hopes are that the learning curve isn't steep and that this vehicle is truly as reliable and economical as advertised.

I have been perusing the newbies threads and found out that many of you have complained about what I've just discovered to be a pain. The gas gauge. As the bars began to creep to the bottom of the gauge I was struck with how much gas was actually left in the tank. Do I drive just to the last bar or do I drive until there's no bars at all? I chose to refill the tank when there were still 2 bars. And, after reading the newbies section, I'm glad I did. Why would they make the simplest gauge this way?

Anyway, I am enjoy the vehicle and I was thrilled with 47.8 MPG on my first tank (hand calculated).

Is there a thread about aftermarket additions such as seat covers, wheels & tires, window tinting?

Thank you and please forgive me if I've posted incorrectly.

2. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome to PriusChat, and there are many threads which may answer your questions concering the accuracy of the fuel gauge, you might find the "search" function to be useful. Here's one recent thread in which the gauge has been featured (the posts are towards the end (i.e. most recent)
    Buying Used Prius Agonizing over Details : } | Page 29 | PriusChat
    Good luck, and you've certainly come to the very best place to find all you'll ever need to know about your new Prius! Also, we like looking at pictures of folks' Prii - hope this helps - Wil ;)

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Maybe cus my prime motivation is to make sure it's me that fills the tank, but anytime the gas gauge is showing less than half, I'll pull in if it's my usual brand station. But that's just me.

4. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    2 bars and fill it up, who cares how much gas if left in the tank, one thing with a hybrid- you do not want to run out of gas, for starters it takes 3 gallons for it to start again, that's enough for me, I got down to 1 bar on a couple of trips, don't think I ever put much more than 8 gallons in the tank.