1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie breakdown - help!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by David Bloom, Aug 15, 2014.

1. David Bloom

David Bloom New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Bought my 2001 in January, best car I've ever owned. 76K original miles, cherry, $5800. I'm 6'5" 205, my Prius is surprisingly comfortable and (not so surprisingly) responsible transportation. Getting 49+ mpg on daily work trek, 48 miles there & back (47+ mpg when running the A/C). Easy handling in the Colorado ice & snow Jan-Apr. Yesterday, was driving 35 mph in traffic when suddenly everything went black. No lights, power, indicators, absolutely nothing. Towed home, sitting in the driveway. 12v battery checks out, gotta be a fuse or relay, right? Anyone know which one(s)?

2. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome to PriusChat; lots of helpful folk, only too willing to share everything you'll ever need to know about Prii. From your description, it sounds the problem might be electrical, and a fuse, relay or bad connection might be leading contenders. Have you had a chance to speak to your mechanic/dealer? Are you a member of AAA? BTW, you might want to put your location in your information (allows others to recommend/suggest good dealers/mechanics (OK, I realize that sounds like wishful thinking! :rolleyes: ), anyway, welcome and good luck with your Prius - Wil

3. Southbound

Southbound Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Has the traction battery been replaced.?

4. Easy Rider 2

Easy Rider 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    How exactly does the 12 V battery "check out" ?
    With no load on it, it can look good when it is not.