1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie Question re: EV Mode and stoplights

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by iamnotasuperhero, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Prius2012hotness

Prius2012hotness New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Funny, but false. I get great acceleration in ev mode compared to say trying to accelerate on battery only in only eco mode

Also if you decelerate early by looking ahead at traffic conditions/red lights I find the charge I build on the battery decelerating/braking (1-2 bubbles on the battery) easily covers the lost charge for getting to 25 in evmode on acceleration.

Trip 7 now with at least an 8mpg increase using ev mode acceleration at stop lights

2. briank101

briank101 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Staying out of ICE from 0 to 15 mph as suggested by Wayne and other experts and using ICE above 15 mph seems to yield the most efficient acceleration. Putting it in EV mode allows me to push the accelerator as far as the low PWR section and keep engine off with acceleration that's I believe is twice as quick as if I had to keep the HSI in the EV region on the display. This is a triple benefit, efficient acceleration, faster acceleration and not pissing off other motorists.... and higher MPGs to boot.