1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie, read up, but this warning light is not in the manual.

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Wynn, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Wynn

Wynn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello, everyone. I have never appreciated a forum more than this one! Thank you for supporting it.

I have had my 2011 Prius I for 6 days and for the last 2 days, the warning light (see attachment) has continued to flash on and off AFTER I turn off the car and lock the doors. I have searched the manual and quick start guide, but haven't found this particular icon anywhere. Does anyone recognize it? It is located in the lower right-hand corner of the display panel. The open-door light was on because I took the picture with the doors open. It goes off after I close them, but the car-and-lock icon keeps flashing. BTW, I am pretty sure, although it is very hard to tell because the icon flashes VERY FAST (so fast it was hard to capture it with my camera), the "lock" is "open."

Thank you for your help!

Attached Files:

Doug B. likes this.
  2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Check the hatch and close it firmly.

annoying TapaTalk app

3. MarathonMarty

MarathonMarty Prii 4-timer

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    It is not a warning indicator. It simply indicates that the vehicle is locked. As far as I know all of the Prii have this dash indicator. I know my other three all did. And by the way, you posted in the wrong forum. This forum is for the 'v'.

Doug B. likes this.
  4. drysider

drysider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It indicates that the theft-deterrent immobilizer system is on and operating properly. Check under Theft Deterrent in the manual.

Doug B. likes this.