1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie tinted window questions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by ernda, Apr 30, 2005.

1. ernda

ernda New Member

I should be getting my salsa red Prius in a week. I want to tint the windows (to the extent California allows, which is minimum 70% light transmission for the front passenger windows). Has anyone who has installed the metal-based tints really noticed any problems with nav system or cell phone reception or should I go for the pricier ceramic based tints (huper-optik or formula one--if it's possible to find anyone in the Los Angeles area who intalls these). BTW, if anyone can recommend a place in the L.A. area for tint installation I'd really appreciate as well. Thanks!

2. xevious

xevious New Member

If you search the posts, you'll find several threads that discuss window tinting in detail.

The GPS antenna is concealed under the dash, center, and near the front windshield. Tints applied to windows other than the front windshield will have no effect on GPS reception.