1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie to the Forums, on 2nd Prius - first "mod" today

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by 2Llamas, Jul 19, 2012.

1. 2Llamas

2Llamas New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello all,

My first Prius was a red 2009, had everything but leather. I loved that car. We nicknamed her "Tina" - when Hurricane Ike hit Galveston in 2008, we had ordered her about 3 months before then. She had just arrived at the Houston Shipping Channel and they moved everything out to Dallas. Hence, Tina ran away from Ike. :).

The only thing I ever did to Tina was tint the windows. She averaged about 47mpg (I've been told I drive like an old lady).

89,870 miles later (in May of this year), I traded her in for a silver 2012 3 with leather and the moonroof/solar panel, navigation package. I love her. She's averaging around 50-53 on the highway and about 48 in the city. I bought her to drive - already have over 4,000.

Today, thanks to this forum, I did my first "mod" - replaced the factor horn with the FIAMM Freeway Blasters. Now it sounds like a real car, haha. Whole project took about an hour - 45 minutes for the first side, and 15 for the second. Hardest part was lining up the screws to mount the new horn - you need small hands (good thing I'm a girl). And, don't decide to do it in 100 degree weather, lol. only needed hubby for a few things - I know tools, sorta, but wiring escapes me and sometimes just needed his stronger hands. The FIAMMs were plug and play though, so it was fairly easy.

She's been tinted as well - 35 on the front windows and 5 on the rest, including the hatch. Not sure if I'll do anything else - maybe mud flaps to keep the dirt from being so bad on the sides. I think I may be hooked now, lol