1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newest newbie climbing the hybrid hill...

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Bluedogz, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Bluedogz

Bluedogz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Well, everyone!

To begin, I started in the hybrid world by looking at a Honda CR-Z, because they look nifty and I commute 100 miles a day. At the moment, I have not yet driven one.

Stopped in at the Toyota dealer today, left him my 2007 Camry XLE with 260,000 miles on the clock, and took a CPO 2012 Prius 2 for a spin.

This was a curious experience...but if I had to sum it up I'd say that, despite a 30-minute around-town drive during rush hour, I had trouble staying awake! Every time I stepped on the pedal, the car said, "are you sure? Well, ok, if I must..."

Is this a common feeling when moving into Prius-land from V6-world?

2. ibmoses

ibmoses Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It was more than likely in ECO mode. Try one more test drive and make sure its not in ECO mode.
    My last vehicle was a C6 Corvette. The Prius is no vette but it has plenty of power:)

3. Bluedogz

Bluedogz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes, it was in ECO mode whole time. Is that bad?

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    eco reduces pedal response, making the engine feel like it's lagging. helps lead foots increase mpg's. if you want a hybrid for mpg's get used to it. if you just want to do better than the camry, use normal or power mode.