1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No Recall on our new Prius...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by mongo1958, Aug 21, 2014.

1. mongo1958

mongo1958 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    WOO HOO!
    That saves me some time.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    and time is money.;)

3. mongo1958

mongo1958 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm a biker. I ride a Harley FLHTCU Ultra Eletrigride Classic. AKA Geezer Glide. This is my first Toyota. I've always purchased American made Autos and trucks. The thing is...the last American car I purchased was the PT Cruiser. However, it was made in Mexico. I also have a Chevy Colorado. I know some of it is made in Japan.
    I've always respected the Toyota Brand and I helped my Step-Son buy a Tundra. Man, what a truck.
    So, when my wife said she wanted a high MPG car, it was an easy desision where to start looking. We started looking at the C but ended up switching gears mid stream and went with a Gen3. I did my home work on the C but knew nothing about he Gen3. I tossed out a crazy number at them as a starting point. And settled at a good price. No buyers remorse, even after looking up the killer deals after the fact. Time is money but we spent 6 hrs at the dealer test driving cars, wheeling and dealing. We got home during the setting sun. We were tired at the days end. We did get a pretty good deal and the car is the rave of all my wife's friends. It is a cool car. It's like driving a space ship. But hey, I'm just a biker.

robertmaria likes this.
  4. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    No guarantees, but the GIII is in its' fifth year, so all "bugs" have probably been found (as always, knocking on wood). There weren't many btw. The last to be fixed was the adjustment of the program controlling use of the battery power by the inverter. Your new car would have had that when it left the factory (in Japan).
    There have been some "updates" to the hardware during that five year period. Most of the updates occurred in year three, and they were pretty much all "cosmetic", keeping the technology current.