1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Non-Permanent Adhesive Ideas Needed for Mount

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by RonRon, Nov 4, 2010.

1. RonRon

RonRon Junior Cheeseburger

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi folks!
    Here's what I'm doing:

I would like to mount my Sirius radio in the purse hangout below the center console. I have a suction cup mount (picture attached) that of course won't work as a suction at this location.

I was thinking I could use some kind of adhesive tape, but I do not want to use anything that will cause damage if I wanted to remove it down the road. I see that commonly a lot of gps and portable radio mounts use some 3M tape on the back. I was wondering about other people's experiences with this type of tape on a plastic surface in their car (any car) and what happened when they tried to take it off after being baked on.

The spot I intend to stick it is indicated in red. Thanks for any ideas!

Attached Files:

2. Gwest

Gwest Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    3m Trim Auto tape will do the trick and will not be a problem down the road. This is the Thin Black double sided tape used to put on exterior moldings

3. RonRon

RonRon Junior Cheeseburger

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yeah? I thought a clear version would reduce residue. I'll check this one out though. I found it online... think they have it at an AutoZone or similar?