1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NorCal Prius updates

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by desertcrawler, Feb 28, 2012.

1. mmstuart

mmstuart New Member

Mine arrived today at Dublin Toyota and I picked it up tonight (they sped it through the dealer prep process and guarded it the whole time so that no one got in the car. Its a sweet ride..... My car came in on the New Century 2 which arrived last week. I go my email arrived at the post email last Friday and the car today. I believe they installed 3 port options: paint protection film, door edge guard, and read bumper applique. My reservation # was 227.

The online site never showed and still does not show the date my car arrived at the port. Don't worry if you page has not updated if your car was on the New Century 2.

So hopefully that is a bench mark for others....

2. RunTellThat

RunTellThat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    What color PIP did you order? I'm waiting for mine to arrive at Dublin Toyota... Called the salesman I'm working with there, and he mentioned that the PIP may arrive and be available by the weekend...

3. mmstuart

mmstuart New Member

My car is blue...They had one more VIN in their computer yesterday that should be coming in soon..

1 person likes this.
  4. LurkAzusa

LurkAzusa Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Did they do the film protection on the nose and bumper, too? Mine only had the hood done. That hardly qualifies as nose.

5. mmstuart

mmstuart New Member

Interesting that you ask about the protective film. That was the first problem I noticed. Notice in the description below it says "including the hood, fenders and
    front bumpers". Mine showed up with only the hood. This description is both on the Toyota PIP web site and on my order confirmation. There was only one option we were given so I assumed the car would come with the description above.

"Help protect your Prius’ factory paint from road debris that can chip
    and scratch the finish with paint protection film. Constructed from
    durable, colorless urethane and nearly invisible, it is applied to the
    frontal impact areas of the vehicle including the hood, fenders and
    front bumpers. The paint protection film helps maintain a like-new
    appearance. Paint protection film for the leading hood
    edges/fenders and front bumper sold as two separate packages."

6. LurkAzusa

LurkAzusa Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yes, if I had known it was just the hood, I wouldn't have ordered it. I could have done that myself for a lot less than $395. It was the nose and bumper I wanted done.

7. desertcrawler

desertcrawler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    I am picking mine up on Friday. Advanced trim, blue. I have the protection ordered as well. I was told it arrived with a batch of others late last night -- and that they would be prepping my car for me on Thursday for pickup Friday morning. Whoo hoo!

8. moolman

moolman Member

I think that's a know issue by customers of the protection film. I googled and searched here for what other people got and there were more complaints about it than people who liked it. So I decided to get it done at a local shop.

9. devprius

devprius /dev/geek

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Putnam just called. My car has arrived. Woo hoo! Now to figure out the logistics of picking it up.

10. SocialSuzy

SocialSuzy New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm getting mine from Folsom Lake Toyota........hopefully by summer. Just got an email telling me it will be built in March from Toyota. Super excited as I know I have many other ways I would like to spend my money than on gas!

11. devprius

devprius /dev/geek

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Sadly, it looks like I will have to wait until Tuesday evening to pick the car up. My wife is out of town right now, and she's supposed to be on the loan/registration for the car. We both need to be there to sign all the papers.

Meanwhile I'm seeing if they can tint the windows & put in a homelink autodimming mirror.

12. tomkessler

tomkessler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Yay! my pip just arrived at Piercey toyota, order #283 It's getting sonar and some other goodies installed. I should be on the road soon. Can't wait.

13. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Send it to Premier Protective Films Intl. in Orange and they will probably do a much better job than the port-installers anyway.

14. LurkAzusa

LurkAzusa Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

Thanks for the tip. I will probably consider that, but toyota will still need to adjust the price charged.

15. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    We are trying to solve this for LURK thru the best channels possible. Ideally, I know what I would like to see on her behalf... and let's see if Toyota agrees.

1 person likes this.
  16. Prius Team

Prius Team Toyota Marketing USA

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm aware of the confusion over the coverage of the Paint Protection Film. I'm investigating. No answers yet, but coming shortly, just wanted you all to know I'm on it.

Best,
    Erica Gartsbeyn
    Prius Product Manager
    Toyota USA

1 person likes this.
  17. desertcrawler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Yes, I picked mine up today and that was my one big dissapointment. I am passing your name along to Andrey at Putnam so you can fill him in on what the status is. I'll post a picture what was installed...

18. Prius Team

Prius Team Toyota Marketing USA

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My name probably means nothing in dealerland:) but we'll sort this out very shortly. I will probably post something in the Updates Sticky when I have more details. So please keep an eye there and I will check this thread for more conversation.

Thanks,
    Erica

1 person likes this.
  19. desertcrawler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in

Sounds good. I called Toyota Care (having trouble getting Entunes working) and also mentioned this. They said the film should definitely have been put on the bumper, said they would help me get it resolved. My suspicion is that the film for the bumper wasn't in stock at the port, so they left it off (sort of like the floor mat issue)...

20. guido

guido Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    It's been 10 days since my PiP arrived in Benicia and it still hasn't been delivered to the dealership. I'm at a loss to understand why it takes the Benicia facility 8+ business days to process a car when it seems the Long Beach facility can do in two.

Hoping that Customer Satisfaction Survey comes my way soon.