1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Not ok to discuss Coal Rolling?

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Rick12Player, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Rick12Player

Rick12Player Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    The coal rolling thread seems to have disappeared. I contacted the admin but have not yet heard back... is there a fear of the discussion turning political? If so, perhaps a locked sticky is in order? Sorry, I'm just in the dark here (no pun intended).

2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't really consider Coal Rolling to be politically-charged issue.

OK....let me re-phrase that.
    It need not be a political issue, but the article may have been moved to the pancake or the politics sub-forums.

I've been driving a Prius in the deep South for (thinking......) 3 years and I have 70,000 miles in type.
    Unlike other places in the US, Priuses aren't as common down here but hybrids aren't exactly emerging technology any more.
    They've been selling them for 15 years now and there are millions of them on the road.

I've seen one Coal Roller in the last three years, and I'm still thinking that it wasn't a case where somebody put $500 worth of gear to allow the truck to blow black smoke, but rather the truck needing $1000 worth of repairs to keep from blowing black smoke!

YMMV.

3. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    If you wanted to know the answer, why wouldn't this be in PriusChat Website Questions | PriusChat

If you just want to raise a ruckus, it is fine where it is.

(And yes, no rolling coal here as there are so few Prius, you would not get a chance to test to see if it worked)

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sometimes search doesn't alway work. but if it was deleted, they sure aren't going to make it a sticky.:p is this a big problem in some parts of the country?

5. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There is one coal roller thread over in Fred's House of Politics.
    There was at least one other thread I saw looking for experiences.
    IMHO the issue is more a media thing...

EDIT- I see now some separate threads were combined into the one thread above

#5 wjtracy, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  6. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    The initial thread on the topic started to turn political. Not overtly so, but the original article presented the smokers as doing it for political reasons. So it got moved into the political section. Subsequent threads were merged with that one to head it off it appears.

You can participate in the discussion, but you have to opt in for the House of Politics section. Which may be invisible to you if you haven't done so.