1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Not So Much a Newbie in Richmond Ky

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by MYEV, Sep 16, 2014.

1. MYEV

MYEV New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Just a quick introduction to the forum. We had a 2006 Prius that I traded for a 2012 4Runner after 120,000 miles. We since traded the 4Runner for a 2014 Prius, while downsizing our life and helping out a homeless mom of two. So we are not new to the Prius, but we are new to the forum! In addition we have a 2012 Nissan Leaf with about 30K miles. Funny you can drive 30,000 and never see the thing "turtle." so yes, an American can plug in a car. Go figure.

A few thoughts about our new Prius:

1. I think the solar roof/moonroof interferes with headroom/front window visability a little. If I had to "do it again" I think I would have skipped the roof.

2. Navi. I can't see it during the day wearing my sunglasses. The 4Runner didn't have this problem, and in my opinion it is a flaw.

3. Towing. We have a 3000 lb r-Pod camper that the 4Runner could tow, a Jeep Patriot could just barely tow, and the Prius can't tow. We did add a Curt hitch to the Prius to help move the homeless family into the house we purchased for them. Small loads, going slow, short trips, the Prius can tow just fine. Still on the fence about what to do with the r-Pod. Might pick up a pickup (ha ha) after the Leaf Lease is over.

4. Ground clearance. Seems to be less than the 2006 Prius, but I haven't verified this.

5. Fuel economy. It seems easier to "get in the 50's" with the 2014. We just drive the car.

6. PiP. We should be able to purchase a PiP in Kentucky. We can buy a Leaf. It would be a shame to let the L2 charger no nothing once we give the Leaf back next year.

We did blog about the Leaf at our KYLeaf website, but I haven't updated in some time. I suppose you can find it since I can't link. Don't bother leaving any comments, I get so much spam and I don't have time to moderate.

#1 MYEV, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats and Welcome aboard!

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle: