1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Note 4 - Unknown caller ID

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Yakuzahi, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Yakuzahi

Yakuzahi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have tried it with 2 different Note 4s and both would not let me see who is calling me on the car dashboard screen.

I have 2013 Package 3, and I think I have tried everything to make it work.

I paired it to the car, allowed messages and contacts to be displayed when the phone asked for it, and all the incoming calls still display as "unknown". I can see my contacts on the car screen when I click on the contacts tab, and I can use the voice command and dial people in my contact list.

My iPhone 6 does work, and show the contact name when someone calls.

2. Easy Rider 2

Easy Rider 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Good luck with that.
    Most phone compatibility problems are impossible to fix because...............
    Toyota blames it on the phone and the phone maker blames it on Toyota.
    Truth is that neither of them really care.

GregP507 likes this.
  3. Yakuzahi

Yakuzahi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I can confirm that everything worked fine in a 2014 Mercedes C300. I also synced the Note 4 with a 2013 Toyota Camry, and I could see the number of the person calling, but not the name of the contact.

4. GregP507

GregP507 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Be thankful you have any of those extra features. They aren't available to those of us outside the lower 48. Toyota's attitude seems to be, "too bad you don't live in the lower 48."