1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OBD2 Interface without an Android

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by jaredyates, Jun 2, 2014.

1. jaredyates

jaredyates New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I've found lots of good resources here about disabling the backup beep with a bluetooth OBDII device, but I don't have access to an android phone. I have a windows 7 laptop. I've seen this question asked, but not yet answered- has anyone been able to modify these types of settings without an android? If so, which device do I need to do it?

2. drysider

drysider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    You can use a ScanGauge...maybe borrow one. A dealer can do it but might charge for it.

3. Lee Bridges

Lee Bridges Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Concur Scangauge II works (I did it using mine), but they aren't cheap (around $150 IIRC). You don't show a location, but if near me, I would be willing to share. Put in your location and see if anyone bites.

Alternately, there are a variety of OBDII readers that will plug into a laptop, but I don't know if the codes that need to be sent would be supported. Might reach out to some of the companies producing such a device. Amazon shows a bunch o different types, The ELM comes to mind as working well with a PC back when I had a computer full time in my car. MP3Car forum might be able to help.

4. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    This is the one Toyota dealers are using:

Drew Technologies : Introduction

I haven't confirmed personally that back up beep programming is available on the Prius v, but for sure if it is it'll be available to this guy.

I found it cheapest here:

Toyota Catalog

Currently $445 plus shipping/possibly tax.

Ordered one Monday, but even though they told me it would ship later that day it hasn't shipped/they said it would ship today when I called for tracking yesterday.

You'll need a Toyota TIS Professional Level account available here:

https://techinfo.toyota.com

$55 for two days/$1,095 for a year. It'll allow you to install the latest Techstream software, which will work at least for the two days, possibly a week, (as it notes somewhere it requires internet access once a week. Obviously if you get a year it'll work for at least a year.) If you have the means/or are possibly opening a Toyota repair shop considering the year subscription, you may want to buy the full Techstream Lite for $1,345, which includes 1 yr. of software access and the Mongoose PRO cable at some savings. I'm assuming most people have a Laptop nowadays so I honestly don't think anyone needs to buy a full Techstream unit, unless you are opening a Toyota dealership, and then you are required to. ECU calibration programming is only available to download through this type of connection, as it is no longer provided on a CD/DVD...

There are mVCI cables, really cheap ones, available all over the place, but when I found that at least one pin, particularly the ECU programming, or "L" line, is not connected, it got me worried about the one that I have, that and the driver is supposed to be 32-bit and I installed it on a 64-bit OS, (thanks xliderider for the tip on how to force feed my 64-bit windows the driver as my xp laptop took damage to the ethernet port in '12 when I was trying to program a remote start to no avail.)

I plan on subscribing for $55 two day account as needed/when I need to work on our '04 Sienna or the Prius v.

5. Eric "v"

Eric "v" Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Love my Scanguage II. Had it for 7 years on my previous RAV 4 V6 and recently sent it in for a software upgrade before putting it on my Prius v. BUT... how do you eliminate the reverse gear beeping with a Scangauge II??

#5 Eric "v", Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  6. drysider

drysider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Use the Xgauge function and the following:

TXD: 07C03BA700 RFX: 047B15A70000 RXD: 2008 MTH: 000100010000 NAM: SBS

Should return A7. Replace '00' with 'C0' to go back to stock

7. Eric "v"

Eric "v" Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    THANK YOU Drysider. Been wondering how to use my Scanguage II for this.

8. RAM v

RAM v Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Did this with the Scangauge II and worked perfectly. That beep...beep... beep sure was annoying.

9. afob3

afob3 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four