1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Odd Guam Model

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by GuamKelly, Dec 22, 2011.

1. GuamKelly

GuamKelly Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Just agreed to buy a "v" for the wife. Seems to be a strange in-between model as compared to standard US line. Seats are all SofTex, but no 17" wheels. Everything I can find on-line says a Five has both, and a Three has neither.

Window sticker (with incredibly excessive asking price) is attached.

The Dealer says it's a Three, yet it has the self-leveling LED lamps and other goodies EXCEPT, as far as I can see, the 17" wheels. Still, for $28,500, I'm pretty happy.

Attached Files:

2. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Congrats on your purchase. I know you both will love the car.

I think Toyota USA is greedy putting most all of the options in a one $5k option only available on the highest end model of the Prius v. The other countries have many more configurations and combinations of options. I predict that you will get many jealous comments about your leather wrapped steering wheel.

I read here on Prius chat that smaller wheels get small MPG increase and small decrease in ride and handling. I don't think you will notice the difference, and you cal always buy / pimp out the wheels later if you want.

3. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Kelly, on some cars, the Gen3 for instance, cars in some countries get different suspension because bad roads are common. They usually involve springs that make the car ride a bit higher (1/2 to 1 inch) and more utilitarian wheel sizes, 15 or 16 inch in place of 17 inch.

I wonder if you have a US emission package in a Prius v with rough road suspension? Or maybe your dealers brother-in-law has your 17 inch wheels:D

4. GuamKelly

GuamKelly Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    III
    xs650, that Brother in Law must have a FLEET of nice cars! Atkins Kroll brought in a half dozen of these.

What you said about bad roads makes abundant sense here, though. It's not clear that our Department of Public Works realizes that potholes should be repaired from time to time.

I can't even say I've ever seen the usefulness of larger (ergo, more expensive to replace) tire diameters, I'm just curious about the disparity. In every other way, including 50 State emissions gear, this is a standard Prius v Five. My Bride is VERY excited, but I'm waiting to pick it up until we return from diving in Yap next week.

5. moolman

moolman Member

Hi there,
    I didn't grow up in Guam but I lived there for 5 years because of work. AK was probably able to order some specific packages for themselves. Look at the window sticker you scanned in, it's not a normal window sticker, they made it themselves. There wouldn't be a AK logo, just the dealer it was delievered to on a regular sticker. What ever car they brought it would still have to meet US regulations, after all, you can ship the car to the states and it would have to meet all the standards. I bet they did it because it makes it hard to compare prices from sites like edmunds or depending on car maker, Guam is sometimes considered part of the Asia region. It is unusual because I went car shopping at AK Toyota and Lexus and all the models I saw seemed exactly the same.

6. GuamKelly

GuamKelly Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hafa adai, Moolman!